• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another Cadex or an AXMC?

MOUNTIC

Mountic Outdoors: Big Game Hunter
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 29, 2017
    Colorado
    mounticoutdoors.com
    I'm looking to purchase another Cadex or an AXMC and thinking about having the ability to swap into both 300nm and 300wm calibers. I have two Cadex rifles currently in 300wm and also 308. Not the Kracken model though. I also a Q the Fix in 6.5 and 308. So for the new rifle I would just be possibly swapping from 300wm and 300 Norma and maybe 338lm down the road. Nothing else. Main goal is to have the 300nm and not at the moment expanding to other calibers. My thoughts were to get the AI in 300 Norma and then if and when I wanted to shoot that gun in 300 win down the road then get that barrel/bolt or 338lm barrel. Has anyone got the AXMC and regretted getting that instead something else. Anyone have one just for the easy of barrel changes and not so much caliber swaps?

On the other hand, I may just never change away from the 300 Norma on this specific gun and would possibly just get a non "multi caliber" rifle. For the ease of changing calibers on something like the AXMC, do folks think it's worth it even know you may not be swapping calibers? Ease of rebarrel worth the additional cost just for the convince and new barrel availability? Not having any down time for swapping out a new barrel does have appeal to me. Even though Mile High is up the street..

Seeing I am mainly after the 300 Norma in this new gun specifically, would others get the AXMC anyway? Or just get a non multi cal rifle and save the 3k? I already have optics and mounts and reloading components so not factoring those into the decision.

Thanks,

While we have already somewhat touched on this topic within another conversation, I will give my two cents.

It is apparent that you favor the Cadex rifles and they certainly are nice. Most rarely use the switch barrel systems to it's fullest extent, but even if you don't take advantage of that feature, it still allows you to easily swap out barrels when they are shot out. That said, why not try something new? The AI will hold it's value quite well should you come to find that it isn't for you. There are two currently for sale here on the Hide and in the best color to boot (Sage Green Master Race). Take a whirl with one of the other top manufacturers and give the ease of their switch barrel system a try, I bet you'll be pleased.

That's kinda what I was thinking about the AI. I don't think I would be disappointed that's for sure. I have been eyeballing those adds. I think if I was just going for that sage green base rifle I would have to have it in 300 Norma from the start. So for the 6500 price plus the bolt and barrel I would be into it for more then I was quoted for the 300nm new in box. Mile high also has a few demo 338s for 5999. And would only be barrel change at that point. Still getting into that 7500 range and a new ones can be had for that if you call around for a deal.

I justly picked up an AXMC and love it. It will live most of its life as a 260 and occasionally a 300NM. Barrel change is a plus but to me a bigger plus is reliability. Everything works. Barrels, bolts, and mags are easily available for flavor changes. I would buy one and not look back. I think there are two AXMCs for sale here, and I think one(or both) have the 338 bolt and mag you would need, so then all you need is a barrel.

Reactions: davidwiz
    I justly picked up an AXMC and love it. It will live most of its life as a 260 and occasionally a 300NM. Barrel change is a plus but to me a bigger plus is reliability. Everything works. Barrels, bolts, and mags are easily available for flavor changes. I would buy one and not look back. I think there are two AXMCs for sale here, and I think one(or both) have the 338 bolt and mag you would need, so then all you need is a barrel.

Thanks for the reply. Yes that is one of my main drivers is the availability of barrels and whatnot. Could pick up an additional barrel easily and just keep it on hand.

The One with the 300nm barrel was sold just in the last day. The one I was referring above is still available but is only 300 wm and then SA calibers. So I think at that point I would just go for a new one.

I hear ya. I don’t know what price difference would be, or how bad you want a certain color. I absolutely love being able to order a barrel(in stock) and have it show up a couple days later.

Twelve rounds 300WM Mags. 10 round 338/300NM Mags, sage green master race, self swapping barrels, universally respected, sage green master race, awesome factory and dealer support (MH and EO), Tooley, TS customs, proof and many other big names making barrels, sage green master race...

What’s not to love? Oh ya the price. Well seeing how many sell and then sell used I don’t think that they are over priced. It costs to have the best. When you brought home the Cadex 308 and 300WM I was thinking damn dude could have bought an AXMC 300NM Sage Green instead. Now I love Cadex. I like their chassis. Never handled a factory rifle but I’m sure it’s tits. But consider this:

One rifle to get to know does this:

16 proof carbon 308 bbl with the 13 inch handguard (think light is right)

20, 22, 24 or 26 300WM with either length hand guard

20, 22, 24, 26 or factory 27 300NM with either length handguard

Any length barrel in 338LM, 338 NM, 338 whatever....

All from one rifle. What’s not to love?

Reactions: brianf
    Twelve rounds 300WM Mags. 10 round 338/300NM Mags, sage green master race, self swapping barrels, universally respected, sage green master race, awesome factory and dealer support (MH and EO), Tooley, TS customs, proof and many other big names making barrels, sage green master race...

What’s not to love? Oh ya the price. Well seeing how many sell and then sell used I don’t think that they are over priced. It costs to have the best. When you brought home the Cadex 308 and 300WM I was thinking damn dude could have bought an AXMC 300NM Sage Green instead. Now I love Cadex. I like their chassis. Never handled a factory rifle but I’m sure it’s tits. But consider this:

One rifle to get to know does this:

16 proof carbon 308 bbl with the 13 inch handguard (think light is right)

20, 22, 24 or 26 300WM with either length hand guard

20, 22, 24, 26 or factory 27 300NM with either length handguard

Any length barrel in 338LM, 338 NM, 338 whatever....

All from one rifle. What’s not to love?

Options are endless I agree. But, I do like having multiple rifles. So really the barrel swap, bolt swap, etc is not "as appealing" for caliber changes. More just rebarrel or a longer term caliber swap. I would just buy another 300 norma barrel at the same time as the gun to keep on hand. If i switched to a 338 or something, it would stay that way for years I bet.. I think this 300 NM would stay as is, until I shot out that barrel or needed more from something else with heavier pills. I just like dedicated guns but hate having to have someone else work on it for a barrel swap.

Hmmmm well it’s an awesome rifle. But if you want dedicated guns I guess I don’t know if I can justify the cost ya know?

How about this: Cadex chassis, Stiller Action, proof barrel, new trigger tech diamond trigger. All of that and you have 2k plus left over for glass and reloading supplies (a must in 300NM) ... I love AXMC. Like the most of anything. But if you’re not caliber swapping then I think I’d build a custom rifle just the way I wanted it and save a few thousand.

Hmmmm well it’s an awesome rifle. But if you want dedicated guns I guess I don’t know if I can justify the cost ya know?

How about this: Cadex chassis, Stiller Action, proof barrel, new trigger tech diamond trigger. All of that and you have 2k plus left over for glass and reloading supplies (a must in 300NM) ... I love AXMC. Like the most of anything. But if you’re not caliber swapping then I think I’d build a custom rifle just the way I wanted it and save a few thousand.

True.. But its still a custom with lead times, gun smith work, etc. I like the support and off the shelf of the AI or alike. If i have an issue, I drive up to mile high here in CO and get it sorted out. Probably in just a day or two. Ill have to keep thinking about it. Not an easy decision with the dollars involved. And even the AX Green / Dark Earth is a hard decision right now.

AND Sage Green Master Race

Best looking rifle in the world IMO (not my gun) :

Attachments

• 96A5425B-EC68-4C3A-BED6-511D0E5740C3.png
      96A5425B-EC68-4C3A-BED6-511D0E5740C3.png
      1.8 MB · Views: 51
    Reactions: tex68w
    Also keep in mind the durability and reliability of AI.

As kind of why I wanted to stay with a factory gun. I have had many customs but for some reason or another I have sold most of them off and been going to factory guns across the board. For both bolt and gas guns.

Welcome to the cult, er club :) you’ll love it here.

Thanks. I probably will and that scares me. But I plan to keep these rifles (The AI and a Cadex) for a really really long time. Guess its buy once and cry once kinda deal.

Need to load up some more 300nm ammo now.

That was fast. I like that about you. You don’t mess around. Like with the Q barrel. I figured it would take you a couple months to cut it down and test it haha.

Congrats. Color me jealous. The DE is an awesome color. It’s my second fav after the sage

Another consideration for the quick change barrels besides caliber swaps. Makes cleaning a whole lot easier. When it's time to do a deep clean pop out the barrel and scrub everything, clean out all the nooks and crannies in the action with easy access and put it all back together.

Reactions: tex68w and MOUNTIC
    Thanks. I probably will and that scares me. But I plan to keep these rifles (The AI and a Cadex) for a really really long time. Guess its buy once and cry once kinda deal.

Need to load up some more 300nm ammo now.
    Let me know what you end up with for a 300NM load. When my barrel shows up I’ll be in the same boat.