• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Another can!

sam626

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2011
stilwell, kansas
Friday I'm going to pay for and start the paperwork on a Thunder Beast 22L-1. Sent in the paperwork for a 30P-1 on April 5. The suppressor bug has bitten me hard! The waiting is a killer. As soon as I recover from this purchase I'll probably be buying a 5.56mm can of some type. Probably gonna have 3 in the works before I get possession of the first one.

Who's got a suggestion for the 5.56? It will mostly be used on ARs so, I would like a QD model.

I am a fan of the Gem Tech G5 & G5T. Both have worked great for me. I prefer the Ti can but budget and usage will determine which one will be best for you. They have joined with Ambush Tactical and have a really nice break with their bi-lock attachment system. The break is called the JakeBreak.
Worth a look for sure.

I would like to hear your results on the thunderbeast 22L-1. Have been looking at that can and others just trying to decide.

im waiting on a 22L-1 myself and cant wait to get to try it out. i think people screaming at the top of their lungs that you ABSOLUTELY have to get a take-apart 22 can, pushed me even closer to it. The main point was that after dealing with TBAC for a while, i know their products and CS is top of the line, and no one has ever said anything bad about their 22 cans.

While I've got a few 5.56 suppressors, I probably won't buy another. With the short .30 cans available, I would rather get a more versatile suppressor. The SF762 Mini, SAS Reaper and 762SDN all sound good with a 5.56. The SF762 is the same size as their 556 RC can. Then you can use it on your 300BLK, 6.8, 6.5G, 308, 6.5CM, 260 etc...

Koz makes a very good point, though my shooting taste lead to a TBAC 30ba for my .308. Fantastic can, but not short =0)

For a dedicated .556 I went with the AAC M42000, I've heard very good things about the SDN6 though too.

If you have a 30cal can already. I wouldn't get the 7.62SDN. It would offer the ability to use it on 308 and 5.56. But it is heavier and longer. Your choice. In 5.56 you can get the m4-2000 or their mini can if its going on a 14.5 or longer barrel AR. That mini is nice.

I went with the Surefire socom556-rc for suppressing my AR,. I looked at the AAC cans but ended up with the SF.