• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Another Ghillie Thread +pics+

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
Well, I've been working on a new ghillie, so I'll put some pics up.

First, I stripped the side seams from the bottom of the jacket to the tips of the arms. This makes sewing the canvas on to the front and the netting being sewn on much easier. I also did this so the front of the suit would be one piece, and have zippers on the sides.

DSCI0435.jpg

I then cut a hole out of the back and put in some coyote mesh.

Then I put coyote cordura on the front of the suit. I made it all one piece, and I sewed the front together.

DSCI0436-Copy.jpg

Then I sewed netting onto the jacket. This holds much better than just tacking it down with glue.

DSCI0447.jpg

DSCI0451.jpg

I then sewed cordura onto the arms and also put a pocket on the arm.

DSCI0452.jpg

That is all I have done so far, and next I will reinforce the legs with cordura and sew on netting. then I need to buy a boonie and get that done. Then garnish it and roll around in the mud.

Re: Another Ghillie Thread

Ok, here are the pants so far.

Took the seams out, sewed on cordura.

DSCI0461.jpg

Then I sewed on the netting

DSCI0462.jpg

Finished ghillie top-

DSCI0454.jpg

DSCI0457.jpg

DSCI0458.jpg

good work shay. try putting the zippers in so they zip down to close that way you dont have to mess with putting that little tab in the other deal to get it started.

With the zippers, they are attached to both sides at all ties, and at the top, most is open, and when it goes to the bottom, they are closed. They were quite noisy, so I took the metal pull tabs off and I put paracord on instead.

Great work Shay your PM box is full I may want a suit made maybe for the son also pm me and I can give a cell number so we can talk money and colors and even if you will build one thanks again great work well thought out.

ok, the jacket is garnished. I'll get pics up tomorrow. Next are the pants and I still need to buy a boonie...

the jacket and pants are garnished, I just need to upload the pics.

Still need a boonie, then a good mud swim

got a really nice mud bath today, and another one will come tomorrow when I get home...

pics tomorrow

pics being uploaded as I type this...

pics are up

DSCI0026.jpg

DSCI0024.jpg

DSCI0023.jpg

DSCI0022.jpg

DSCI0021.jpg

Here you guys go.

It was frozen in the mud this morning, so those are the thawing pics.

I need to get a boonie so I can get the veil done, then it'll be done, also need to get the suspenders and thumb loops on.

Re: pics are up

I hosed it off last night. Its going to get another bath son before the snow falls, if its gets any warmer.

So far I like it quite a bit. It's definitely more comfortable this way than with buttons up the front. The only thing I didnt like about the zippers is that they were jamming up yesterday, but that was due to the mud being frozen in them, as I am not having that problem now. The metal tabs that were on them were also quite noise, so I cut those off at have paracrd loops on it instead.

More to come with time...

DSCI0029.jpg

DSCI0028.jpg

DSCI0027.jpg

A few more after some more breaking in.

I really need t cut off about 1/2 the burlap I have on the shoulder area... way too much.

Thanks

I'll get some action pics once I get the veil done and I get some paracord for veg ties... maybe put some rubberbands in it for leaves and what not.

I was in it, I just had it on the fence to dry.

very nice wish I had paid attention when people were trying to learn me how to sew.

Sewing isnt that hard. Just dont do it fast, or you'll mess it up.