• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another hazmat train…

I'm sure this will get jumped on as terrorism but, while it might be, I see it more as if you roll so many miles on a decaying infrastructure, with tons of crossings, averages will play out. Just like USPS, FedEx and Oops, handle millions of packages per day, a certain # will by average, go astray.

oh,my goodness! could these frequent derailments have anything to do with the young chinese males and taliban fighters being let in in their thousands by pedo joe?

oh,my goodness! could these frequent derailments have anything to do with the young chinese males and taliban fighters being let in in their thousands by pedo joe?
See post #2.

I'm sure this will get jumped on as terrorism but, while it might be, I see it more as if you roll so many miles on a decaying infrastructure, with tons of crossings, averages will play out. Just like USPS, FedEx and Oops, handle millions of packages per day, a certain # will by average, go astray.
Perhaps we really are just witnessing the collapse in slow motion. It's like a slow motion train wreck you could say! :sneaky:

• Sad
Reactions: Maggot
on par for our illustrious pro communist government kill as many people as they can while they can .

Perhaps we really are just witnessing the collapse in slow motion. It's like a slow motion train wreck you could say! :sneaky:

When the companies spend all their time making sure they have enough dudes wearing dresses in the HR department... and forget that their job is to keep tracks in shape and equipment maintained... You end up asking yourself "Who is John Galt?"

Sirhr

When the companies spend all their time making sure they have enough dudes wearing dresses in the HR department... and forget that their job is to keep tracks in shape and equipment maintained... You end up asking yourself "Who is John Galt?"

Sirhr
The cycle continues. Welcome to the new Rome.

Reactions: mewillis
nothing to see, move along. kind of like so many meat plants catching fire/pipelines shut down/strategic oil supply eliminated.
Sī vīs pācem, parā bellum, oh and don't forget "go green, buy an electric car and save the world"

My completely off the cuff, 3/4 of the country away guess is it was a mud hole in the tracks that caused the substructure of the tracks to finally let loose or at least caused a broken rail that put them on the ground.

They just had a good bit of rain there over the weekend, right? Mud holes are a never ending battle for us and something that takes a fair bit of money/time to fix, so they get shoved aside more often than fixed. Our own surfacing gang does nothing but chase mud holes, tamp them to straighten up the tracks, pull some rock up in there, but that’s throwing Sudafed at a sinus infection where it alleviates the symptoms but does nothing to cure the disease. Undercutting is either slow and inefficient for a small crew to do or fast and extremely expensive for a big crew to do, but is the only way to get the mud out and make it last.

Again, completely a guess on my part with nothing other than catching a blip of it on the morning news, but I at least do this shit for a living.

Or it’s CCP Talitubbies because that makes for better Bear Pit drama. 🤷‍♂️

Make every railroad crossing in America an overpass or underpass then you won’t have to worry about derailments due to crossing accidents.
Make drivers actually stop for the flashers and gates or look both ways at crossbucks before driving in front of a ten million pound of train and we won't have to worry about derailments due to crossing accidents.

There's over 200,000 highway-rail grade crossings in the US. You're either living in la-la-land or you're a bridge building company owner to imagine this is even 1% possible with that knowledge. Or, you're just fucking with me, there still is no sarcasm font.

In virtually all cases, it's the public roadway that came second as the rails were there first and it's the roadway crossing over RR owned property. When we put in a new crossing, it's 90% state funded and 10% RR funded. A basic crossing location with gates and flashing lights is $200k, a new bridge is eight figures for starters and rapidly goes up from there.

Bridges and overpasses, same thing, it's the state and local communities that foot the bill for the new roadway or new rail bridge, not the railroads, so it's our tax dollars that foot the bill and not the RR's profits that take the hit. In 99% of the cases, it's the roadway that gets moved and only very rarely is it the tracks. That takes land as well, and where rails and roadways meet that could do well with an over/underpass, it's rarely in a rural location. Houses and businesses are being eminent-domain'd for the construction, no fucking good ever comes of that.

So let's lowball all the figures, 1% of crossings get a $10M bridge, that's $20B out of the taxpayer pockets and we've really accomplished nothing in the big picture and not fucking cheap either.

That's why I just go back to "Please, for the love of fuck, stop when you see blinky lights and at least give it a glimpse both ways when you don't."

Shit, I even slow way down and look three times for my own crossings that I test and calibrate myself, and I know very well what I'm doing as well as I have a second set of eyes with decades of experience scrutinize my findings, just to be sure. That should be a clue...