• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another Help Me Choose Thread

River Runner

Private
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2008
San Angelo, Texas
Like everyone, I'd like to have the best optics for my application, which will be hunting and precision shooting. There's SO many options out there now that even though I've been reading and searching for hours and hours over a couple of weeks, I'm still having trouble coming up with a short list. Here are my wants:

-Variable power for shooting to at least 500 yards
-Locking turrets
-First Focal Plane
-Reasonably light weight
-Under $1,000 (could step this up a little if necessary).
-I'm starting to prefer MIL, but MOA isn't a deal killer.

In my mind, something like the Vortex HD LHT would be ideal if it were available in FFP. I just don't really appreciate reticles that have to be at full power to be useful for ranging/holdovers.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

How's the glass on that Match Pro? Last Bushnell I had was an Elite 6500 and I was really disappointed when shooting it beside my NXS.
To my eye it is pretty comparable to the Forge. It comes off the same line the Forge were made on. To me the Match Pro has better contrast and color than the Forge and also controls CA better, I'd give the Forge a slight edge on brightness. That's to my eye and the conditions I've compared them in though. When the Forge came out it was $900 though and the MP non-illuminated is half that. Take that for what it's worth. I prefer the Match Pro's turrets to the Forge's.

Hopefully some others with Match Pro experience can chime in.

I can't give out the details yet. I think people are going to be impressed on the direction of the new flagship though, and the rest of what we're doing with ET.

How about just the when part? I'm short one scope, but can't wait past the summer to buy.

Also OP, seen some really good deals on the DMR scopes in the PX and from retailers.

They arent light though.

It would be our pleasure to discuss different options with you and your timing is great as we are running our Super Sale Weekend at Camera Land Returns Today - Monday April 19th sale
As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it would be our pleasure to discuss this with you and help figure out which would suit your intended use the best. If you've got a few minutes give us a call, 516-217-1000
Thanks