• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Another Hooper Ordinance success story

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Well I went over to see Hooper for a little barrel work this afternoon and again he worked two miracles for me. Since I plan on using a suppressor with my new finnfire range and since Kidd does not do any threading, I needed both my barrels threaded. All I can say is Im glad Kidd doesnt thread barrels becuase I dont think there is a smith out there that could possibly put more effort into making it 100% correct then Hooper does. He has done other barrel jobs for me and I swear they always shoot better when hes done. Its so crazy. Anway, I got to see some of you other guy's sticks being worked on and you will be satisfied when you get them. Hooper wont let you have it back until its perfect. Thanks again Hooper.

Here is my Finnfire barrel and 10/22 Kidd barrel. Both were threaded and had a custom thread protector made. Check em out. The seam on the Kidd is really not visible, my nikon D90 is just too good a camera.

Re: Another Hooper Ordinance success story

Looks good for sure.

He has done some work for me with outstanding results as well.

Ben had contacted me several weeks ago and got in line so when I was ready for his work, he would drive over and wait on two barrels to be threaded. A fellow on another forum had asked for some video or pics of how I do this work and while Ben was there, we made some amateur vids and pics of the work in progress. Check out these vids. Thanks for the review Ben and Mr. Cordrey.

Here is a playlist:

Threading .22lr barrels

He do make it look purty, don't he?
cool.gif