• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another hot dog question

Wait…. What about a Bratwurst? The “bun” Or Brotchen is jut there to hold the sausage so you can eat it with your hands.

Wait…. What about a Bratwurst? The “bun” Or Brotchen is jut there to hold the sausage so you can eat it with your hands.
So bread in a peanut butter sandwich is just there to hold the peanut butter so you can eat it with your hands?

Change my mind: A sandwich must include at least 2 independent pieces of bread
iu

So bread in a peanut butter sandwich is just there to hold the peanut butter so you can eat it with your hands?

That’s a straw man argument. A cream based sandwich is not comparable to a sausage based sandwich.

FWIW, hot dogs, etc where eaten off paper until the worlds fair (1893) when they started selling them in bread to hold the sausage.

Fun fact for the day…

or a really good soft taco why does a bun need to be made of wheat why not a crunchy or soft corn tortilla you could put on both shredded lettuce and diced tomato's , both are made from a meat like substance ( rat , cat or dog mmm dog ) both can be eaten well from a hand , and both when cooked properly are wonderfully horrible in the human stomach full of nitrates and salts mmm high blood pressure and you can eat both with really hot peppers . and both go really really good with a few beers or warm saki .

Doesn't sandwich mean to place between pretty much? While technically a sandwich only a dumb dumb would ask for a hotdog sandwich.

Also be careful of what side of town you're in because two dudes may seal you up air tight.

What happens when the hot dog bun splits into two separate pieces of bread??? It does happen.

Reactions: Two36
or a really good soft taco why does a bun need to be made of wheat why not a crunchy or soft corn tortilla you could put on both shredded lettuce and diced tomato's , both are made from a meat like substance ( rat , cat or dog mmm dog ) both can be eaten well from a hand , and both when cooked properly are wonderfully horrible in the human stomach full of nitrates and salts mmm high blood pressure and you can eat both with really hot peppers . and both go really really good with a few beers or warm saki .
You have issues!
LoL

• Haha
Reactions: acudaowner
Ketchup does not belong on hotdogs. Or sandwiches. Only burgers.

Okay, I'm opening the rabbit hole door all the way.

Grilled cheese.
Dipping it in tomato soup.
Isn't that really putting ketchup on it?

And,
A proper grilled cheese has bacon. Bacon and ketchup are a culinary no-no.

Reactions: The D
Okay, I'm opening the rabbit hole door all the way.

Grilled cheese.
Dipping it in tomato soup.
Isn't that really putting ketchup on it?

And,
A proper grilled cheese has bacon. Bacon and ketchup are a culinary no-no.
I’m gonna call shenanigans on a proper grilled cheese having anything other than bread, butter, and cheese. Anything added to that combo just makes it a fried sandwich

Reactions: JoshPutman
I don’t know man. My old lady uses a thin coating of Mayo on the bread instead of butter. When making grilled cheeses sammiches. And I have to admit it does make them better. And I fucking despise Mayo in general.

Reactions: The D
I don’t know man. My old lady uses a thin coating of Mayo on the bread instead of butter. When making grilled cheeses sammiches. And I have to admit it does make them better. And I fucking despise Mayo in general.
Fair enough, I’ll allow a substitution of some sort of liquid-ish condiment instead of butter. As long as the basic combo is still just bread and cheese

I’m gonna call shenanigans on a proper grilled cheese having anything other than bread, butter, and cheese. Anything added to that combo just makes it a fried sandwich

I go a bit overboard on grilled cheese sandwiches.

Kerry Gold butter melted and brushed heavily on the bread.

3 slices of Wrights thick bacon

Grated mixture of:
Smoked Gouda
Havarti
Farmhouse cheddar
Regular sharp cheddar
Pepper jack
Sometimes we splurge on good cheese too.

Bread is usually tomato basil from Panera.
Or, Asiago cheese bread. Thick sliced.

Warm up the griddle, place 4 slices (book matched so everything lines up) on the griddle butter side down.

Cover both sides liberally with the cheese and add the bacon.

Yes, the cheese will fall off the sides and get a little crispy.

Once the cheese softens, the slices are combined and properly browned.

After getting them together, I can begin to start thre 3rd sammich.

I usually make 6-8 at a time because the kids will eat more than one.

Any leftover cheese is placed on the griddle in piles to melt and brown. The still soft cheese is rolled into tubes and finishes browning. They make a great pre dinner snack.

Reactions: The D and Halfnutz
And,
A proper grilled cheese has bacon. Bacon and ketchup are a culinary no no.
My grandmother put ketchup on meatloaf and tipped it with bacon. That little faux pa says there is an exception.

My grandpa always asked her if she put a banana in it (the meatloaf). She would always say "no". I wonder if there was some sexual connotation that none of use got.