• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Another Krylon Special

el gordo2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
San Antonio, Tejas
Got bored with the old camo on my 6.5 Gibbs and decided to give it a face lift.

<span style="font-weight: bold">M700,McMillan,Jewell,Hart,Leupold </span>

Re: Another Krylon Special

Great job and camo pattern. Looks to blend in well in that environment.

Basically painted the entire rifle Krylon deep forest green, then applied home made positive stencils made of blue painters tape all over it. ( this makes the bigger green patches) then I sprayed the whole thing again with khaki, removed the stencils and painted in with the small black stripes and finsihed up using a sponge using earth brown and again khaki to get a mottled effect and kind of a diffused look. I just included 2 more pics, one of them with a closer look.

I am looking at doing a complete job with sponging as it easy to get solids or a mottled effect.
It took me about 3 hours and $12 worth of paint.

I am considering using dura coat on another on account of better shades of colors available. I have been using this rifle as a guinea pig for years. The great thing about Krylon is it doesnt cost much and can come off if needed more so than other coatings.

It looks almost like you had followed my online instructions on painting a rifle using Krylon, and you did an exceptional job.

Dude, that is the best I have seen on a Krylon Pattern. What did you use for a template?

Great paint job. Congrats on a job well done.

Very Nice Pattern i am an outfitter here in NM i bet you could get a copy right or patten on those Camo Jobs,and sell them they blend very well

what y'all lookin at ????
smile.gif