• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another New Guy

PJ65C

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2020
Hi All,

Made an account and have been lurking for a while, finally decided to make an intro post.

Ive always liked to shoot, and have been interested in the precision aspect of things for a while now. Just prior to Covid rearing its ugly head, i decided to take the jump into precision world. Im in the northeast (CT) and recently had my first trip to Sheepdog Warrior in NY - phenomenal facility!!! Prior to this i never had the opportunity to shoot at anything past 300-350 yards - staring at targets up to 1000yds away was definitely a new experience and instantly became hooked. Right now, im running a 20" 6.5 Creedmoor AR10 gas gun that i had built (Until i speak to the builder, i'll keep him and details out of it for right now). I've got plans for a bolt gun down the line, but this is my starting point. I was able to reach out and bang steel at 700 yds, of course i wanted more, but just couldn't get there my first time out - not to mention the wind, ive never shot in wind like this; im told it was exceptionally windy that day and that there is always some sort of breeze at SDW - im good with this, just have to learn it.

Anyway, enough blabbing - There is a TON of info here, a helpful group of guys, and a ton of knowledge to tap into. Im going to get to reading and learning. I look forward to getting to know you all and chiming in when i can.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome, you nailed it, the amount of knowledge on here is unimaginable.