• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another New Sizing Die - Cortina Precision

AllenOne1

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2020
Middle Tennessee
I case you haven't seen it yet. Here is a video on the new Cortina Precision HS Full Length sizing dies. He has taken a little different approach than others by using the bushing to set the shoulder. But you are going to pay for it. The die body can be used for several cartridges so the cost may not be too bad if you load several different cartridges in the same case family.

Reactions: Franko
Interesting, if I was in the market for a new die I would be tempted to give one a shot.
I'm right there with you, IF I was looking it might be worth a shot. It's a better value if you shoot two or more calibers in that case family and at that point it might make sense. I'm running a Whidden bushing die and doubt I would gain enough to make it worth the effort. I could sell the Whidden but I suck at re-selling stuff so it would just sit on a shelf and collect dust.

Reactions: simonp and Franko
i am trying to decide between sac and the cortina die, correct me if i am wrong but with the sac if you buy the appropriate mandrel you can size and mandrel in one stroke, with the cortina you would have to have a seperate mandrel die, is this correct?

Reactions: M4orturnate
i am trying to decide between sac and the cortina die, correct me if i am wrong but with the sac if you buy the appropriate mandrel you can size and mandrel in one stroke, with the cortina you would have to have a seperate mandrel die, is this correct?
Buy SAC stuff It’s quality. Cortina is selling stuff because of his name

Buy SAC stuff It’s quality. Cortina is selling stuff because of his name
i was leaning that way anyway if i am thinking right about being able to size and set final neck tension with the mandrel in one pull, sac with the mandrel is about 40$ cheaper not including the discount they offer for prs membership if they run it again for 2024.

Reactions: Jrb572
I haven't broke down and bought the Cortina sizing die yet but I did buy the mandrel die and it's a very high quality piece. I'd recommend it over any other mandrel die I've seen at this point.

Been using the Tubb die for my 6XC that does that for a few years. It is much better than a regular bushing and if I could get it for all the calibers I shoot I would for sure.

Reactions: simonp
Id buy the sac simply because i know the guys and how much they care and give back to shooting sports. Their shop is also really nice and organized. You can tell they put a lot into their stuff.

Reactions: Gquire and simonp
Anyone here actually have the Cortina size die? Do the SAC bushings fit? I find myself loading for 2 chambers right now, and the mic adjust would actually be helpful in this one situation. Annoyingly, the bushing I need is on back order.

Reactions: simonp