• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another newbie from Canada

turbo_bird

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2021
Canada
kgphotos.pictorem.com
Hello from BC, Canada. I've been a member here for a bit, but have been mostly just lurking. I've been bitten by the rimfire PRS bug as a way to improve my shooting ability in general, and figured this might be a good place to learn more. My choice of rifle was a bit different, I already had an old Norinco NS 522 in a homemade stock that shoots great, so I just stuck a better scope and an ARCA rail on it. I've shot a few matches so far, and have been slowly improving with each one. I've got a great range 10 minutes from my house, and they just hosted the CRPS Western final, so I'm pretty lucky on that front.
Kristian

Welcome!

I'm also a Canadian, but now in AZ. Pretty sure I've seen your posts on CGN (which I've been recently banned from).

Lots of knowledge and experience here, enjoy!

Welcome!

I'm also a Canadian, but now in AZ. Pretty sure I've seen your posts on CGN (which I've been recently banned from).

Lots of knowledge and experience here, enjoy!
Thanks, I'm pretty sure I've seen some of your posts there as well. What did you get banned for? I've noticed that the political squabbling there can get to be a bit much. And there seems to be a lot less actual shooting talk than just bashing anyone that doesn't agree. And people say that Canadians are polite.
Kristian

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I've seen some of your posts there as well. What did you get banned for? I've noticed that the political squabbling there can get to be a bit much. And there seems to be a lot less actual shooting talk than just bashing anyone that doesn't agree. And people say that Canadians are polite.
Kristian

The mods didn't like the fact that I was anti-war when it came to Ukraine. It's utter insanity in the off-topics section of that forum when it comes to topic of the Ukraine conflict.

The mods didn't like the fact that I was anti-war when it came to Ukraine. It's utter insanity in the off-topics section of that forum when it comes to topic of the Ukraine conflict.
That's kind of a touchy subject I've found. Most people get either upset or downright angry if you don't parrot what the media says your opinion should be, but that's the case on almost any subject these days. It's unfortunate really, leads to people just writing off anyone that doesn't have the same opinion as they do, and people sticking to their echo chambers. That doesn't do anyone any good, except those that benefit from us peasants bickering amongst ourselves instead of paying attention to what they're doing.
Kristian

Reactions: kthomas
That's kind of a touchy subject I've found. Most people get either upset or downright angry if you don't parrot what the media says your opinion should be, but that's the case on almost any subject these days. It's unfortunate really, leads to people just writing off anyone that doesn't have the same opinion as they do, and people sticking to their echo chambers. That doesn't do anyone any good, except those that benefit from us peasants bickering amongst ourselves instead of paying attention to what they're doing.
Kristian

100% agreed, well said.

It was pretty illuminating. I was always respectful and polite, just represented a different (anti war) perspective. Others were given free reign to troll me and throw insults my way, but I was the person banned.

Last edited: