• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Another NightForce Question.

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    I just purchased a 5.5-22X50 NXS from Sprot Optics. Jay & Chris (great guys to deal with) Helped me out with getting rings that would fit on my SCAR 16S and allow the objective lens bell clear the rail. After much discussion we settled on Warne 1.375" OC rings. Then it dawned on me would the scopes ocular bell clear the rear sight on the SCAR as it's quite high. I called NightForce and the tech said he didn't think (after doing some calculations) the scope would clear the rear sight. I probably needed 1.5" OC rings perhaps taller but didn't know of any that might work. I hoping the guys at Sport Optics are right and the 1.375" OC rings will work.
    Has anyone sucessfully mounted a NF 5.5-22X50 NXS with rings that will cear the rear sightof the SCAR. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
    frown.gif

TIA

Re: Another NightForce Question.

I talked to both and neither could come up with rings that would work. Thanks for the reply