• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another police shooting here in Australia. Justified or unjustified?

Barelstroker

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 11, 2019
    This footage of a police shooting at a Brisbane, Australia McDonalds was captured from a phone in the carpark.
    Absolutely shocking & terrible to see the reality of a man being shot 4 times.
    If you watch the footage & how the police handle the situation, I'm of the opinion that although tragic, the police acted proffessionally & showed appropriate restraint until the young man advanced toward them.
    What do you all think about this tragic but avoidable outcome?

If it wasn’t illegal for men to be armed and defend themselves without facing consequences themselves, there wouldn’t be a need for these men. You seen what their purpose is for. Are you from Australia?
    Yes I'm from Australia.
    Here in Aus, it's not like in the U.S. There's no legal knife or gun carry accept police & some other very limited & heavily controlled professionals so, the personal defence scenario is a little difficult to argue.
    The guy was very agitated & from the information available had no issues from a self defence perspective.
    It looks like he was just pissed off & decided to conduct himself in a very unreasonable way.

You are too quick to forget what was done to you guys and by whom and why. The real criminals is your government including the police. The no legal knife and gun carry except for the police is exactly what I was talking about. There is a reason you are disarmed and the government tyrants aren’t. It’s not for your safety. Wake up mate.

I will get out of your thread while you praise your oppressors. Maybe a few more guys down under can chime in and praise them along with you.
    I'm not praising anyone.
    The young man had a knife to the throat of a woman in the venue. The police were called. The man then came out of the building with a knife in hand & refused to drop it.
    This has nothing to do with politics, diss-arming or any other agenda. I don't see any difference if the same thing were to happen in the U.S.
    I simply asked the question of whether or not people think the cops were justified in shooting in this particular instance.

if your going just off a phone video Id say the woman he was with got him killed instead of going through a divorce she got him rubbed out the sneaky way . I am also assuming she had him pull out a crazy large insurance policy naming her as the sole recipient . It was a smart plan she had guessing she never thought Id solve it lol . cops don't usually just walk up and kill people for nothing I mean they could hint hint . I am sure there is a lot to the whole thing that's not being told yet . or maybe he just refused to get the shot dam people get the shot whether you want it or not god (some crook in political office ) commands it obedience . lol

• Haha
    Reactions: Two36
    What I said had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with reality.

What would have happened if a citizen that was there shot the man with a knife to save the woman instead of a cop? If you say anything other than praise and hero status then my answer to your original question is no the shooting wasn’t justified.
    So you're saying that if cops shoot him it's unjustified But, if some civilian with a hand gun decides he's a bit too noisy or, had the knife to throat of someone other than another "scumbag" it's perfectly justified for the civilian to shoot him. That's a novel way to look at it I suppose.

So you're saying that if cops shoot him it's unjustified But, if some civilian with a hand gun decides he's a bit too noisy or, had the knife to throat of someone other than another "scumbag" it's perfectly justified for the civilian to shoot him. That's a novel way to look at it I suppose.
    Is english a second language for you because your reading comprehension is lacking

Is english a second language for you because your reading comprehension is lacking
    Well, if you intend to allow any civilian with a pistol to shoot crooks, we have to have definitions & rules of engagement or, do we just allow anyone to shoot anyone else because they thought there was probable cause.
    This shit gets very muddy awfully quickly & has nothing to do with the original question.

Perp was recently released from prison. Had verbally threatened to kill several people in the area, and in other business in the area, before attempting to commit armed robbery at fast food outlet. Had knife to neck of female worker in fast food outlet. Officers had deployed tasers with little effect. Officers appeared to have a safe backstop prior to firing.

If your daughter or wife etc had been in that position, what outcome would be acceptable to you?

Reactions: Pbgt and Two36
    What about how the cops treated Australian citizens that refused to bow down to tyrants? The government using police violence shut you guys down and much more. Was that not muddy? Do you still trust the state to determine what is morally acceptable? Did your government not lose all credibility with you? How can you still trust and accept any decision made by them on your behalf? Let me guess, triple vaxxed.

I’m not trying to beat you down man. I’m trying to open your eyes. The governments of the world and all that serve under it’s umbrella are against us all. In case you are confused again, this isn’t politics. It’s right and wrong.
    I'm not disagreeing with you buddy. I'm not vaxxed & will never be. None of my close family have been vaxxed &, have lost employment as a direct result.
    What I am saying is that those issues have nothing to do with the shooting fore mentioned.
    You're throwing the baby out with the bath water. Not all cops are evil "one world government shills". I know many cops who don't agree with what's been going but, they don't have to shoot live ammunition into crowds so they're trying to keep a little perspective on the situation. It's not the end of the world or freedom or "democracy", whatever that is.
    Given time, it'll more than likely all blow over & we'll all get back to reality. If not, I think cops will be the least of our concerns, like feeding your family perhaps or WWIII if your Russian mates stir the pot too much.

Drop the knife was stated quite a few times.....Instead he chose suicide by cop. Pretty clear.

Make whatever argument you want about police and their actions. When you take away some form of GOV control the streets are going to get littered with bodies. It would take a few months for the scales to balance out. In the end the only people who benefit are the funeral homes.

I'm not disagreeing with you buddy. I'm not vaxxed & will never be. None of my close family have been vaxxed &, have lost employment as a direct result.
    What I am saying is that those issues have nothing to do with the shooting fore mentioned.
    You're throwing the baby out with the bath water. Not all cops are evil "one world government shills". I know many cops who don't agree with what's been going but, they don't have to shoot live ammunition into crowds so they're trying to keep a little perspective on the situation. It's not the end of the world or freedom or "democracy", whatever that is.
    Given time, it'll more than likely all blow over & we'll all get back to reality. If not, I think cops will be the least of our concerns, like feeding your family perhaps or WWIII if your Russian mates stir the pot too much.
    IMG_20220227_065302.png

WoW.
    "I know many cops who don't agree with what's been going, but they don't have to shoot live ammo into crowds"
    "It'll blow over and we'll get back to reality"
    Wholly shit. I think the only thing he left out was the... "It's only a few at the top"

Drop the knife was stated quite a few times.....Instead he chose suicide by cop. Pretty clear.

Make whatever argument you want about police and their actions. When you take away some form of GOV control the streets are going to get littered with bodies. It would take a few months for the scales to balance out. In the end the only people who benefit are the funeral homes.
    Exactly.
    There's been police of a sort in civilizations for thousands of years. What other way is there to maintain an ordered stable civilization.
    It amazes me how some people seem to turn everything into a them & us scenario & never seem to realise that them & us can & is applied to everything & everyone depending on the situation.
    Imagine the kayos without police.

• Haha
    Reactions: wade2big
    Those are some 10-ply cops. I understand they have their department policy/training to follow but for fuck sake

From what we see in the video totally unjustified. At least 6 cops on site, not one of them enters the building, they are all standing in a circle guns drawn and shouting at the person armed with only a knife. That is an escalation of the situation. Even after the victim comes out of the building there was no effort at all to de-escalate the situation. They could have easily blocked him from returning to the building and kept him in the parking lot. An attempt to talk him down may or may not have worked but what is a few minutes of their time worth here did they have somewhere else to be?

The disturbing issue here is how the citizens are all on the side of "just shoot the SOB" and roll on. Guilty until proven innocent much over there? I also noticed that the first thing done after the shooting was to come after the camera man, reasonably polite about it but the camera man obediently complies with the order to move and quits recording at that point.

what is a few minutes of their time worth here did they have somewhere else to be?

reasonably polite about it but the camera man obediently complies with the order to move and quits recording at that point.
    I am sure there was someone outside of their 2K restriction zone or someone without a mask exercising in a park.

And on que they go after someone doing nothing wrong. Kinda nice how they tyrant though. All please and thank you just before bashing your head off the concrete.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

In a disarmed society such as Australia, the armed knife wielder could have potentially killed/injured how many unarmed McDonald's employees/patrons before the police not only show up, but actually stop it?

In an armed society such as the US (or parts thereof), these kinds of incidents are resloved by GGWG extremely quickly.

An armed society is a polite society.

What other way is there to maintain an ordered stable civilization.

It's pretty clear to me we don't need the police. It's called FAFO.....if that was the law of the land I can assure you people wouldn't break into homes, rob a business, or otherwise openly commit crimes.

Police are there to keep the HONEST man down at the argument that only the GOV has the authority to kill another person. So while the honest man toils on his land, relying on the GOV to protect them, the GOV makes "rules" on how to keep criminals in check. As we can all see these "rules" are applied AT THE DISCRETION of the GOV. Criminals are given safe harbor, trained, allowed to become smarter (smarter in crimes at times) as the honest man pays for it all.

Would you want to be directly paying for the day-to-day living of man that rapes your 10 year old son?? If I had a choice...F-that......

Now I will not disagree that there are people who thru whatever twist of fate, or police actions were wrongfully convicted. Yes, it happens...it still happens. It's complicated to think of a perfect way to have the justice system operate.

When you can figure out the best justice system....call me...I want to hear your ideas.

Not true at all in an armed society. Would you start raping and killing because if there wasn’t consequences brought by the state? I would like to think you wouldn’t. Woukd you be far more likely to help a stranger in need if you couldn’t be held liable by the state? I would hope you would. There would still be consequences for bad actions but instead of the revolving door of “justice” artificially keeping the criminal population high among the people to intentional cause harm, justice would actually be served harshly by the victims increasing the ratio of good guys to violent criminals.

I can no longer in good faith ever say the words you did about gov control. How many did the government impoverish and kill over the last two years by withholding medical care from people? What about the political wars fought in the name of gov’t. Millions upon millions dead. Do you work for government in any fashion? It seems like you might be defending your job with your viewpoint but I could be wrong and it doesn’t really matter anyhow other than I don’t give extend credibility or rationality to anyone that works for gov’t against me.

An armed society given the ability to effect justice at a whim wouldn't let me live. Hence an "honest man" would live his life within the "law of the land".

An armed society WOULD be more likely to help a stranger, cause the stranger would be grateful for the help.

That last bit is my point: The streets would be filled with bodies until the scales were tilted back to even. Hence the "law of the land" (FAFO) would teeter back and forth till balance was achieved. Balance would be ALL people would know....don't FA....cause we don't FA.

I'm sorry you take my ability to see both sides of the coin as only one sided. By no means do I think the GOV is our answer in all aspects of life, nor do I believe all LEOs are the best in performance of their duties. That's the teeter we try to balance on as an honest man. Currently I've seen more harm from the GOV and LEO than protections. That only leaves me. Me to stand for what I believe in. My thoughts on right and wrong, my thoughts on how to raise a family, my thoughts on how to conduct one's daily life. Who dares tell me how to live! FAFO.....isn't that the law of the land? See...it's WAY too deep a pool. People would migrate to those that share the same views. We would become tribal, lands and resources fought over. OR maybe we would all get along.....It didn't happen 2,000 years ago....I can't see it changing.

EDIT:
    I didn't read your previous reply till after posting this. Thanks for the discussion!!

Reactions: wade2big
    I agree if it were actually allowed to exist. The US is less restricted but heavily regulated as well. To stand up against criminals may not always land you in jail if the circumstances are favorable but almost certaintly will leave you in financial ruin. There is a reason good men don’t clean up their neighborhoods to protect their children. They are fearful of the repercussions of the state and rightfully so. Many people think police officers are more brave than the average man. Not true. They just don’t fear the state as they represent it themselves.

The state can not be in all places at all times.
    Expecting, or making the argument that the state should be the only entity with the power to stop a physical threat with legal impunity (for the most part) is wrong on so many levels.

Do you keep a fire blanket/extinguisher at home or in the car? What about a first aid kit or your daughters Epipen? The state has decided citizens are no longer permitted any of those self preservation items because the state has firefighters and paramedics and the state will respond to all requests for assistance in due time. Does that sound acceptable to you?

A lot can happen in a short period of time and more people need to wake up to the fact that "first response" or "emergency service" does not mean IMMEDIATE.

I'm not praising anyone.
    The young man had a knife to the throat of a woman in the venue. The police were called. The man then came out of the building with a knife in hand & refused to drop it.
    This has nothing to do with politics, diss-arming or any other agenda. I don't see any difference if the same thing were to happen in the U.S.
    I simply asked the question of whether or not people think the cops were justified in shooting in this particular instance.
    This isn't personal, just a zoomed out observation.

What policies and events led this man to believe that holding a knife to the throat of a woman in a mcdonalds would solve his problems? I've watched police/DA in my area enable and encourage this behavior. The dude who attacked a women with a baseball bat was released without bail. His path will end by police. Then antifa/blm glorifies his behavior, gov enacts more laws, and im the asshole because my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness is valuable.

Politics (policies/laws politicians create) are directly responsible for this man's death, and police (representatives of gov) carry the weight. Self defense can't exist in communism. Toeing the party line/parroting gov propaganda only enables and encourages violence in those that think that the gov will solve their problems. It's like a co-dependent relationship, where one is a tool for more gov, more laws, more criminal behavior, until every person is a criminal. For example, the patriot act.

Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and more, are showing the world how strong peace can be.

I'm surprised they didn't keep shooting after he blatantly disobeyed their orders to drop the knife after being shot 4 times and probably couldn't even control his own hands at that point. Good thinking putting hand cuffs on a dying man also, you never know if he'll come back as a zombie, maybe next time they'll remember to muzzle him too so he can't bite anyone and spread the virus.

Need more info:

- Race
    - Vaccination status
    - Political affilation
    - Astrological sign