• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another PRS Thread

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
I had the experience to get a new tripod head for my Spotting Scope, and PRS had the right tool for the Job. The SLIK 1100e.

DSCI0088.jpg

The Ball head that comes standard with SLIK tripods didn't do the job all that well, and this does the job much better.

DSCI0085-1.jpg

There is very little slack when you put the crosshairs on target and release the trigger. There is still a little rise, but it isn't as bad as the ball head.

DSCI0089.jpg

(That pic makes the glass look absolutely horrid, disregard the quality. Spotter is a Bushnell Excursion)

It is much easier to pan from target to target, and there is a lever on the side that allows the spotter to move horizontally, which is pretty neat.

DSCI0090-1.jpg

DSCI0084-1.jpg

So, to conclude, PRS had the solution. Great folks to deal with, and I still suggest them for anything along the lines of tripods and such.

Re: Another PRS Thread

Have you tried the pistol grip with the cradle or is it not supposed to handle that much weight?

Very nice tripod! Thanks for sharing, I had not heard of this company prior to your post. I will be placing a order on one of these tripods in the near future.

Interesting... I had a PRS medium that I used the heck out of; had some problems with the stock pan/tilt head threads coming loose when they weren't supposed to - due to me hanging a big heavy Kowa 821M off it sideways and then torquing on it from position to adjust. Still they replaced the head free of charge...

I think that pistol grip head might work a bit better... in the mean time I picked up a Manfrotto 055XPROB + Kruger pistol grip, which is very *solid* but also very *heavy*... definitely looking to the PRS/slik gear for a more field portable setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okrebel92</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still waiting for the mediums to get back in stock...
smile.gif
</div></div>

Me too. I want another...

PRS rocks! I wasn't patient enough to wait for the mediums, so I went with a large and I'm glad I did. It's only a bit bigger when folded, but allows you to shoot standing with ease. At the lowest setting, it is right about where I like my bipod adjusted, just right.
-Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tip2oo3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you tried the pistol grip with the cradle or is it not supposed to handle that much weight?</div></div>

I have not, the main point for the Trigger head was for the spotter, never really needed anything else for the cradle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tip2oo3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you tried the pistol grip with the cradle or is it not supposed to handle that much weight?</div></div>

I have not, the main point for the Trigger head was for the spotter, never really needed anything else for the cradle.
</div></div>

Copy that, I was just interested if adding the pistol grip would make it a better single tripod for multiple uses. I just got a new tripod and my new ball head works a lot better with the spotter than my old.

I may try it out, just to see, but I doubt it will stay there, that and the QR plates are different.