• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another questionable idea/decision

supersnipersamurai

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2023
usa
Hello
So I was forced to accept the 6.5 creed instead of 300 prc ....lol
Now the other idea
Proof MTM vs Badrock vs Origin with proof stainless barrel , tt diamond , brake and bravo chassis
Or please suggest other build along with a good smith

Thank you

Origin with a Patriot Valley Arms prefit with a PVA Jet4 brake. Put it together at home with a barrel vise and action wrench.

Origin with a Patriot Valley Arms prefit with a PVA Jet4 brake. Put it together at home with a barrel vise and action wrench.

Instead of m24 contour can I do MTU fluted? I really like flutes
Can you recommend a quality vise and action wrench?
Thank you

Instead of m24 contour can I do MTU fluted? I really like flutes
Can you recommend a quality vise and action wrench?
Thank you

You can do whatever you like. I think it just drops into M24 as a default. And yeah you can do flutes. I did the spiral on my latest 6mm ARC.

8F7507A9-84FA-447D-B23D-8DD59E3AB2B1.jpeg

Action wrench will just be a Zermatt/Bighorn and there are a bunch of different barrel vises like the one below. No need to spend hundreds on them. Anything that can be tightened to hold the barrel will work. I have mine mounted to the leg of my bench.

Reactions: aiyadude and lash
You can do whatever you like. I think it just drops into M24 as a default. And yeah you can do flutes. I did the spiral on my latest 6mm ARC.

View attachment 8201692

Action wrench will just be a Zermatt/Bighorn and there are a bunch of different barrel vises like the one below. No need to spend hundreds on them. Anything that can be tightened to hold the barrel will work. I have mine mounted to the leg of my bench.

What chasis is that?
I thought you recommended m24 , what contour do you recommend?
It looks like jet4 is not available

That’s a Manners TCS stock.

Barrel contour comes down to weight. How heavy you want it? That one in the pic above is the Comp Contour which is pretty heavy which I like. M24 is about the lightest I would go for a match rifle.

The Jet Blast works great too. They do come in and out of stock so the Jet4 might be in stock again soon enough.

So I was forced to accept the 6.5 creed instead of 300 prc ....lol
Very wise decision... you will get so much more trigger time.

Proof MTM vs Badrock vs Origin with proof stainless barrel , tt diamond , brake and bravo chassis
I'll second @Rob01 to say Origin, no question. It's a great action & there are a number of great gunsmiths that offer prefits for it. He has given you one.

I got my action wrench and barrel vise from PMA Tool - when I bought them four years ago, PMATool's prices were very good and turnaround was excellent. This link takes you right to the gunsmithing tools page. If you go to the home page (pmatool.com), you'll find a discount code - and a note that the company is closed through 8/21.

you just ruined my budget ...lol
Budget? Budget when building a PRS style rifle? I did not know such a thing existed….The last rifle I built cost 40% more than my first home and that place included 3 acres.

Caveat, it was built in the 30’s. Purchased it in an estate sale and it cost $28,000 1973-1980 dollars to make it livable and usable.

It still exists today, but just about in as bad a condition as when we purchased it in December 1973. (and we had made it such a nice place :( )

Getting back to the subject at hand, don’t think budget, think opportunity :LOL: