• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another SBR question?

81sfo

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2008
    USA HOU TX
    I have a question, i bought an sbr upper thats 6.8spc,my question is if i have to have a lower marked 6.8spc too?The lower reciever im planning on using is a new rra 556/223 will this mess up the paper work on form4?Do i need to get a reciver marked for 6.8spc or can the 556 one work as far as paper work goes.thanks

Re: Another SBR question?

List every calliber you plan on using when you register your lower. If it is already registered, you can request to add the calibers.

At least that was what the examiner I spoke with told me.

Ya and you dont submit it on a form 4, its not a suppressor. you submit it on a form 1.
    that is if you intend to assemble it yourself. if its already a built rifle then ya a form 4 is the way to go....

Can I tag onto this?

If you have a lower that is registered as an SBR, can you have multiple uppers that can be put on that upper?

Same with bolt rifle, can you do multiple barrels with a single action and a single stamp?

Thanks,

Dave

As long as you KEEP THE ORIGINAL upper you register it with then yes you can use different uppers on one registered lower. I dont know about that bolt gun but I would assume as long as you kept that barrel length you registered it with, dont see why you couldnt swap out. I know a guy that couldnt afford to do two SBR's I told him to register one lower and specify he would also be using a 7.5" upper as well as a 11" upper. He did just that and the ATF approved him to use both and said you dont even have to initially say you will use more then one upper. just keep the upper you register it with..... did i ramble? im trying to be clear haha