• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another Scar 17s will my scope survive

artofthepoint

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2022
OHIO
Hi guys, I have been debating what to put on my Scar 17s - I have a C622-NF - Nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50 MOAR Riflescope C622 that is currently not being used. do you think it would hold up under the recoil of the Scar? the scope has a 1.5 Spuhr mount already on it. I really wanted to put a Atacr on it but cant choke up that kid of dough for it.

I don’t remember if NF said all of their optics are rated for .50cal or just the ATACR lines. I sent NF an email asking if my 1-8 ATACR would handle a SCAR. They said it wouldn’t be a problem.

I’d say based on NF reputation, it would probably handle the SCAR. The SHV line, I would be more skeptical of since it’s their lower tier optic line.

I don’t remember if NF said all of their optics are rated for .50cal or just the ATACR lines. I sent NF an email asking if my 1-8 ATACR would handle a SCAR. They said it wouldn’t be a problem.

I’d say based on NF reputation, it would probably handle the SCAR. The SHV line, I would be more skeptical of since it’s their lower tier optic line.
I’m running a 1-8 ATACR in an ADM Delta mount on my SCAR 17.
No issues.

Reactions: artofthepoint
some folks also recommend against cantilever style mounts, particularly ultra-light ones.
i dunno, but figured since you're asking about scopes...

Reactions: artofthepoint