• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Another scope recommendation (coyote hunting/target)

Smith1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 16, 2020
Ohio
In the flood of posts looking for recommendations, here’s yet another one. I currently only shoot thermal, but looking for something to try out day time hunting and also bang steel (700-800 max). Budget is loosely $1000 or so. I’m thinking 3/4x base power, and like a mildot/gridded reticle if possible. Arken EP4 looked like a good option before I new they were next to impossible to find, and a couple people have also told me the vortex’s (non razor) models will end up needing the warranty at some point. Any input appreciated before I ramble on too much.

Reactions: simonp
Athlon ares or ares etr. The midas tac are great scopes for the money as well. I really like Athlon.

Reactions: Smith1
I would go with the athlon ares BTR or ETR over a vortex anyday and if you can find one for cheap like they were a year or two ago the Steiner P4xi is a fantastic scope.

Reactions: Smith1 and Schw15
Thanks for all the recomomdatios so far. Viper does look like a good fit. I’ve also seen a couple nightforce SVH in the same price range, and these worth considering?

Reactions: Friday
Anything Nightforce is worth considering only issue with the SHV is it’s zero set not zero stop but it’s a fantastic scope

Doug has them marked down with rings. I feel like the midas tac is a better scope than the pst. But it would be worth while to call Doug at camralandny. Good supporter of hide and he will get you a good price and the scope you need.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210909-070842_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210909-070842_Gmail.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 51
If you can deal with the 6X low end, the Arken SH4 6-24 is in stock. $449.00, and a hell of a scope for the funds!!

DK

If you can deal with the 6X low end, the Arken SH4 6-24 is in stock. $449.00, and a hell of a scope for the funds!!

DK
I think 6X is going to be too much mag, although I did consider something like that with an offset reflex sight
Personally the best scope I’ve owned less than a grand is the 4x16 P4xi
I’ll take a look as well. Thanks

I would go with the athlon ares BTR or ETR over a vortex anyday and if you can find one for cheap like they were a year or two ago the Steiner P4xi is a fantastic scope.
I'm very pleased with my Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15x on my 18" SPR. It's my go-to coyote rifle despite being one of my heaviest guns - mostly because the Ares has a fantastic reticle and great image resolution for the money. I usually have the magnification between 4-6x when hunting, and the 15x max magnification is great for range days.