• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another Scope Recommendation

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Houston Texas
I tied to google the forum and I found a couple of threads that were very helpful, but I thought I would ask the question here.

I am in the process of building an AR with a 18" upper and for the first time I am going to install an LPVO. I have no experience with an LPVO and despite being in one off the five largest cities in the US, it is really hard to actually find the scopes to go handle them, look at them. My eyes are not great, I have a stigmatism and and I am now using reading glasses. The primary use of this rifle is going to be 3 Gun (I am not great at it, I just have fun doing it.). I have been using an EOTECH with a 3x Magnifier and a Unity riser. It is a clunkier setup than an LPVO and it is noticeably slower (at least when I use it).

For the scope, I would prefer it to be MRAD (it's easier for me to think and do the math). I would prefer it to have a simple reticle (I have never shot a match farther than 400 yards) so from 100 to 300 I can shoot center of target and hit and at 400 a holdover of 1.25 to 1.5 mils seems to put me on. I like shooting with my stock fully extended because I am a big guy and it is better ergonomics. This puts me farther away from the scope so really generous eye relief is very important.

Thank you all in advance for your help. Most of the people at the 3 Gun comps are very nice and I will likely be able to touch and feel all the scopes before I buy.

Vortex Razor HD Gen II-E 1-6x24 (the lighter version)
Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24 (discontinued, but plenty floating around out there)
Vortex PST Gen II 1-6x24

All 3 have a very simple single illuminated center dot MRAD reticle available. The Razors are probably one of the most common LPVO in 3 gun.
RZR-GEN2E-VMR2-MRAD.jpg

If you like circle dots or horseshoe style reticles, there are different options

Nothing over 1-6 if you want generous eye relief.

Delta Stryker HD 1-6x24 is also an option