• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Another scope recommendation

AVENGEUSA

Unapologetic American
Minuteman
I'm looking for a new scope

I'm snagging another rifle, the bergara B14 HMR

I really respect and speciation the opinions from lowlights and others so I'm open to suggestions

I currently use leupold MK4 with the tmr, noon illuminated on most of my bolt rifles the 8.5-25x50 M1 is my favorite

Lots of shooting out to 1000-1100 and everywhere in between and the mk 4s have been good

They're not available anymore and tech has come a long way so I'm exploring my options

Good tracking and durability are of course important

Improvements that I would like are as follows

More elevation/ windage, so 34 or 35 mm tube

Zero stop

Revolution indicator

That would be great, and I'm thinking there are lots of reticle choices now better than the tmr, so which one will help me range a well as the tmr but do more

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to your input

Price 1500 ish

Last edited:
I'm looking for a new scope

I'm snagging another rifle, the bergara B14 HMR

I really respect and speciation the opinions from lowlights and others so I'm open to suggestions

I currently use leupold MK4 with the tmr, noon illuminated on most of my bolt rifles the 8.5-25x50 M1 is my favorite

Lots of shooting out to 1000-1100 and everywhere in between and the mk 4s have been good

They're not available anymore and tech has come a long way so I'm exploring my options

Good tracking and durability are of course important

Improvements that I would like are as follows

More elevation/ windage, so 34 or 35 mm tube

Zero stop

Revolution indicator

That would be great, and I'm thinking there are lots of reticle choices now better than the tmr, so which one will help me range a well as the tmr but do more

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to your input

Price 1500 ish
Pm sent

Eurooptics and Redhawkrifles usually have good demo deals on Nightforce NXS' 5.5-22's for around $1500. That will get you 100 MOA of internal adjustment in an indestructible optic.

•Used Vortex Razor 4.5-27
•Burris XtrIII illuminated 3.3-18 or 5.5-30
•Element nexus 5-20
•Tract Toric 4-20 or 4.5-30
•Delta Stryker 4.5-30

I would research those out and look at the reticles/specs you like(weight, Field of view, etc) and chose based off those features.

Cruise the PX for a good deal on some scopes. Mark 5hd, razor Gen II, Burris xtr3i or XTR, NF NXS are all do-able in that price range plus or minus a few $100

I have been dying the mark 5 scope as well, i see you can get the horus, the tmr and a couple others, does anyone have any recommendation for a reticle that would be a good usable upgrade in place of the tmr that I've been using

I would take a look here, this is a smoking deal now that these went up and with vortexs warranty there is no risk in buying used.

Reactions: jMarine
I have been dying the mark 5 scope as well, i see you can get the horus, the tmr and a couple others, does anyone have any recommendation for a reticle that would be a good usable upgrade in place of the tmr that I've been using
Reticle choices are subjective to what you can handle looking through. Me personally i like the PR1 mil for Leupold and the Burris SCR mil. But thats me i don't like busy a busy reticle.Also thats my 2 go to scopes Burris XTR II and MK 5.