• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another scope ring thread

mheimer_45

Life’s tougher if your stupid
Minuteman
May 19, 2013
NW Kansas
Currently on my 6.5 creed has gun I’m running a SWFA 4-20x50. Also currently running a one piece vortex mount. As it sits right now there is roughly 5/8” between objective and full length top rail. And I have to raise my head up off the stock to get sight picture with my sopmod. I’m looking for rings over a one piece mount. Do not want or need quicktach. Also do not want to spend $300 on a set of rings. So let’s say $150 max. So what do you guys use for 50mm objectives.

I use NF Ultra Light on my LMT rifles but of course they are monolithic. With that large of a scope I think you’ll have to stick with a 1 piece. Unfortunately the only ones with varying heights will be more expensive. Maybe a riser for your stock?

Reactions: Vivacious Stallion
Honestly I'd tend to agree with newmexicokid above, you could try a riser or adj. comb setup. Other than that Seekins makes quality rings but idk if theyre really in stock anywhere right now. For ar10s you gain a lot from the one piece mount, but what is the current ring height? I thought the standard vortex 1 piece was pretty low. Here's a 50mm xtr2 5-25x in an ADM 20 moa mount from another rifle and it barely clears the rail. In fact its too close for a scope cap or sun shade.

You could post a pic of your current mount and that might help.

20210530_192842.jpg

Reactions: AMGtuned
C’mon guys I’m not the only one running a 50mm objective on an AR.
The only answer to your problem is a stock with an adjustable comb. The problem with this you will extend your length of pull. The magpul prs gen 3 has a minimum length of pull of something like 13.5”. Which is about the minimum for any stock on an ar10 with an adjustable comb. The charging handle is the reason for this. As an aside, we need to make side chargers the new norm for this exact reason ( as well as gas blowback from silencers).

its Really not that hard to find rings and determine what size you want. If you know the height of your current setup and there is 5/8” gap between objective and rail, just figure out how much you want and subtract that from current ring height to get new ring height. My guess is somewhere around 1.3” like this From badger

I don’t use rings on AR’s. Always some kind of unimount..it helps with eye relief.

The only answer to your problem is a stock with an adjustable comb. The problem with this you will extend your length of pull. The magpul prs gen 3 has a minimum length of pull of something like 13.5”. Which is about the minimum for any stock on an ar10 with an adjustable comb. The charging handle is the reason for this. As an aside, we need to make side chargers the new norm for this exact reason ( as well as gas blowback from silencers).

its Really not that hard to find rings and determine what size you want. If you know the height of your current setup and there is 5/8” gap between objective and rail, just figure out how much you want and subtract that from current ring height to get new ring height. My guess is somewhere around 1.3” like this From badger

I don’t use rings on AR’s. Always some kind of unimount..it helps with eye relief.
I think that pretty much sums up/concludes this thread.

OP you could switch to a Magpul CTR or something and slap on one of the clip on cheek risers

Currently on my 6.5 creed has gun I’m running a SWFA 4-20x50. Also currently running a one piece vortex mount. As it sits right now there is roughly 5/8” between objective and full length top rail. And I have to raise my head up off the stock to get sight picture with my sopmod. I’m looking for rings over a one piece mount. Do not want or need quicktach. Also do not want to spend $300 on a set of rings. So let’s say $150 max. So what do you guys use for 50mm objectives.
Seekins.

139ish