• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another set back

Doc68

I'm an asshole....
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2014
    USA
    Well I write this while I'm in a hospital bed once again. Last night I had gotten up to go eat dinner with my family. About halfway to the kitchen I felt very lightheaded and confused. I stopped to brace myself on the breakfast nook and was talking to my wife, that's the end of what I remember. Next thing I remember is waking up in a bed at the ED at Evan's hospital.

Apparently I have a pulmonary embolism that was in my left lung. It apparently broke free and went to my brain. This is apparently from when I had my spinal surgery. It just decided 6 weeks later to affect me.

So, when I was talking to my wife, she said I just immediately stopped talking and had a blank 1000yd stare on my face and my whole body was convulsing. She was able to get to me before I fell and lowered me to the floor and immediately called 911.

I should be good at this point. They have me on blood thinners and did a CT scan of my head, chest and legs to make sure there were no more. They also did chest xrays to see if there was anything else in lungs also.

Should be here a few days and then back to the house.

I swear when it rains it pours....

Doc

For fucks sake man, healing a half dozen fusions wasn’t challenging enough, you felt the need to up your game?

BS aside, glad you made it through that. Sounds like your Misses has a pretty good head on her shoulders. Had to hit the floor hard we may not be reading this right now.

Prayers for you and yours. I'm stuck with healing from elbow surgery. It hurts to watch the people you are supposed to be taking care of going to work while you're stuck healing.

Dang sir!!

I will say, with a clot busting loose and going to your brain and you are doing this well, you best go grab a Powerball ticket.

3.5 yrs of neuro specialty before a decade in the ED and thats a good dang story.

you are in our prayers. Holler if you need anything.
    i can be there in an hour.

Motrin and hydrate Doc. In my prayers.

Fresh Socks too!!!

I appreciate all the kind words everyone.

Yes I have recently suffered a lot of issues and came out on top. I have had a lot of close calls in life including deployments and my fire fighting days. I got the superman emblem over the american flag tattoo on my right arm when I got home from Afghanistan.

I feel god has placed me here for a reason and apparently I haven't fulfilled that reason yet.

God works in mysterious ways for sure.

Doc

PS: my wife says I'm gonna turn her hair gray......🤣🤣

Had chest surgery in November to correct bone structure issues (pectus excavatum) one week in hospital and Heparin injections while there to avoid clots.
    No complications and spent today at the range shooting 350 round of skeet and five stand. First time since surgery.
    I may also be younger than you at 53.
    Stay strong, hydrate, take your meds when advised and youll be back at it in no time.

Thread appropiate

1593307165936.png

I just want to get better. I hate feeling helpless. I'm the one who is supposed to fix people. I just want to be back to "normal", whatever that is these days.

this is one of many setbacks we all deal with after major surgery at our age. Granted,that is some scary shit but you’re alive and have the ability to begin pressing forward. Regroup. Recover. Reattack. Win.

Oh noooo! Saying prayers and sending good karma your way. That’s awful and on top of the spine issues I can imagine you are feeling overwhelmed but know your brothers here on the Hide are thinking of you. Hope you feel better soon.

Good morning everyone. I've finally been able to read all of the comments here. I just wanted to say thanks for all the kind comments.

I see like usual and our community we have a lot of smartasses here, which I love.

I've taken all the mortin, changed my socks, rubbed some sand on my vagina and drank the water.....I think I'm covered now.

Oh and I have PT belt on🤣🤣🤣👍👍

I hope you are a better at home healer than I am [my wife says I'm an a$$hole ] or your wife will be killing you any day now. Best wishes for both of you.

Glad you getting better and God speed your recovery. Clots after surgery can be very dangerous. Had surgery two years ago at age 63 to fix a displaced broken femur. Pins, screws and plates and installed and they beat the crap out of my thigh to get to the break. Was discharged the day after surgery and home health nurse came by daily to check for DVT and had to wear compression socks from toes to my crotch for several weeks. Thank God it all turned out well.

Prayers for you and your family. God Bless the doctors, nurses and staff that are taking care of you. These things do seem to come in bunches, but praise God that you are with us today. Many times these things don't end well. May God continue to hold you in his hands.

Wow, Doc; you have a good Wife and good luck extending even beyond that. Be well, get well, and let this be the end of your medical surprises.

Greg