• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another steel target idea

Bowhntr6pt

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2006
Central Florida
This is my current set up. Both plates are 12X12 AR500. Got them for $100 shipped if I remember correctly.

Had the metal material already so the frame was free (brother got it scrap from a job site). Already had the 4'x8' sheets my dad got somewhere years ago. Dirt cost me $150 delivered and the tires were free. There is a front wall and a second wall behind to fill the gaps.

Currently I can get out to about 350 yards.

[img:center]
R2.jpg
[/img]

Re: Another steel target idea

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranger70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do any of the bullets bounce off the tires?? </div></div>

So far, hand gun (.45ACP, .40S&W, .22LR, .44MAG, .357MAG) and rifle (.308, 7mm-08, .223, 30-06, .22 Hornet, .50 BP, and others) have not been a problem. <span style="font-weight: bold">Bird shot from a 12ga is a NO-NO.</span>

The tires are <span style="text-decoration: underline">HAND PACKED </span>with dirt, not just filled in... I packed the crap out of them. I would guess a slow traveling hand gun round <span style="font-style: italic">could</span> bounce off.

My next purchase will be two of these:

SAVAGE TARGETS