• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another stock question, AI 2.0 vs ashbury sporter vs carbon fiber mcmillan style stock.

long range newbie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2013
Oregon
I just want a stock(or chassis) that will be rugged, accurate, take mags , folds, and not over 1200. (I know I've asked this before.) Just please talk me into one of these, so I don't keep thinking of putting 1500 into a stock alone. PLEASE post pics if you have one of the ashbury sporters, I've only handled the mod 1/shot but the sporter has the same feel. (I loved it)

Last edited:
I've never owned (or so much as held) one of the Ashbury units, but I have had more than one AICS, a Manners T2A w/ mini-chassis, and a folding McRees G5. All of them were quality units, but the McRees is the only one that I still own - I like the ergos, I like the adjustability, and I really like the price.

the only downside of the mcrees is it gets cold here so shooting with a aluminum cheek piece, and aluminum foreend so basically I'll get real cold real fast. I like the AICS for its skins so I don't get the cold transferred as much to me, and the same with the ashbury, only the center is the exposed aluminum.

I haven't owned a chassis that wasn't heavy, but then again what do you consider "too heavy"? If you're worried about weight go with a conventional manners with folding capabilities and some mag fed bottom metal.

pdc.jpg

I'd consider the PDC as well. Meets all criteria.