• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Another this vs. that thread...

jafount

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
Northern California
OK...first of all this is what I have on my AR 10:
944L9.jpg

schmidtbenderl9.jpg

See details here for this scope:

http://www.swfa.com/pc-2480-279-schmidt-bender-3-12x50-variable-hunting-30mm-riflescope.aspx

I am thinking about selling it because my desires have changes a little and mine has the L9 reticle vs a mil dot style reticle. This isn't a super huge deal to me because the glass itself is amazing. I winder if I can send it to S & B to have it retrofitted with a different reticle?

Anyway, If I can't have it retro'd and I sell it (if you have questions PM me)go one of two directions. I either apply the proceeds toward a new S & B PM or I go a cheaper route to an IOR. I have seen a couple of F*CK IOR posts here, so this makes me nervous. My S & B experience has been fantastic, so it's worth it to lay out the additional jack if the pros here think it's justified. So...is it justified? Does anyone here think I can have it retrofitted?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Re: Another this vs. that thread...

I've got two IOR's and couldn't be happier with them. Both track well, return to zero, hold zero, with good glass.

I sent one back due to some bubbles in the glass, although it didn't affect anything I paid too much to live with an imperfection, and it took about 14 days to get the replacement.

None have ever lost zero on my .223 or .308.

I've got an IOR 4-14X50 with the exposed knobs and I couldn't be happier with it. Great glass!

jaf, I'm in the process of preparing a range report with pics on two failed new 9-36x56's. I sent you a PM.

If it is for a hunting rig, why not look at Zeiss Victory?

Do you want a hunting scope or a tactical scope?

It's on my AR 10. It actually came off a hunting rifle, hence the L9 reticle. I use Swarovskis on my hunting rifles. I'm sure it would do fine on my AR, but I'd like the AR to be more of a "tactical" style gun including the scope.