• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Another Thread Cap, No Where To Hide

wnroscoe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
NW Louisiana
Here's my latest Muzzel Threading Job & Thread Cap. 1/2x28 Class 3A
I zoomed in and cropped the photos to get you closer to the joint (not the smoking kind either) high polished barrel, no blasted or painted surface to hide behind
wink.gif

Muzzel Threads & Cap
vb10.jpg

Cap On muzzle, now you see it
e7i3pc.jpg

Now you dont
wink.gif
No Photo Shop either
8wcn55.jpg

2w6t46g.jpg

Breech of same barrel after chambering in .223AI and polishing
2n8pto6.jpg

Heres the Rifle

Manners Stock w/custom paint
Stiller Tac 30
Krieger 1-7 .223, Rem Varmint finished at 22"
Chambered in .223AI
Threaded w/cap
Surgeon DBM
Paint to be FDE w/Blk

1zdohv4.jpg

Look Hard and you can barely see the seam.
fvz0qp.jpg

16i8gtt.jpg

Re: Another Thread Cap, No Where To Hide

That nice looking. Should be calling you in the next couple of months for the same.

That's pure magic. Roscoe, you're a wizard.
wink.gif

Man that is sick!! Looking forward to seeing it painted up. Local prairie dogs have a new gun to fear.
laugh.gif

Thanks again Mr Roscoe for great work.

L.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the barrel is 1/7 twist.

L. </div></div>

I took a guess, sorry.

Man would you make me one for mine. I have an FTE brake. I don't like the step in the barrel when the break is removed with cap installed.

Kinda like a long cap that'll cover the turned down portion as well? If the rifle is painted or coated you'll loose the finish when I blend it.

Oh... alright. You can build my next rifle.
smile.gif

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh... alright. You can build my next rifle.
smile.gif

John </div></div>

Finally..............what took you so long?

Truly beautiful machining work William! Now you see it - now you don't on the seam. I love Class 3 threads - smooth, tight, and wobble-free without teflon tape!

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">without teflon tape! </div></div>

Suppressor Threads with Teflon Tape, now where have I heard that?

Not only were the threads cut for Class 3A, they were checked with a Class 3A Ring Gauge with current certs
wink.gif

I also use a Class 2A 1/2x28 & 5/8x24 Ring Gauge and Class 2A/3A Thread Plug Gauge of the same size to check the thread protectors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda like a long cap that'll cover the turned down portion as well? If the rifle is painted or coated you'll loose the finish when I blend it. </div></div> Yep thats what I'm talking about. what would turnaround be and cost? Its ok I dug into the finish installing the damn thing the first time I put It back on. Its a stainless barrel if that make a difference. Just a cap not recrowning it.

Here's the completed rifle after paint and assembly.

Flat Dark Earth & Flat Black Gun Kote

2zggg2t.jpg

I love it. How much would you charge to shorten, re-chamber, crown & thread a .308?

William,

Those are some pretty good looking threads. And checked with guages with up to date certifications... I'm impressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice.

Is she for sale?</div></div>

Thanks Shooter. No, this is a customers rifle but, I'll have one very simular to this in a few weeks that very well might be for sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">William,

Those are some pretty good looking threads. And checked with guages with up to date certifications... I'm impressed. </div></div>

Thanks Victor. I figured I'd check suppressor threads with a go gauge just in case. I'd hate for some one to "Stick" their suppressor on out of spec muzzle threads. As far as the barrel threads at the breech, they're cut to fit that specific receiver. Thanks again for the kind words.

Yes excellent work! Now I just have to count the days until I can go shoot it.
smile.gif

Once again thanks for building it for me.

L.