• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another TRR-SR

sweetbeard

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2010
Savage MKII TRR_SR
Mueller APT 4.5-14 40mm All Purpose Tactical
Weaver "tactical" 30mm rings
butler creek flip ups and sunshade.

SS Mite for my sweet NFA flash hider

I don't know I liked the base.. although I am going to swap it out for a 20moa
Damn I have needed a .22 bolt gun for 4 ever

enjoy the pron
DSC04494.jpg

DSC04496.jpg

DSC04492.jpg

DSC04503.jpg

Re: Another TRR-SR

very sweet looking rig. been considering one of these lately. you got the scope selection just right too!!!!

Nice. I pick mine up tomorrow. I agree that the base is ugly - I'll have to go over and see what EGW has.

wink.gif

Got mine yesterday. The stock is smaller than I was hoping but otherwise it is a nice gun.

I seriously thought about attaching the scope rail but I couldn't bare to do it. What a fugly monstrosity. It's too bad they didn't make the side parts optional or removable. Oh well another $40 to EGW and a couple more days and all will be good.

Now my 110 FCP and 10 FCP have a little brother.
wink.gif

How do you like the feel of the APT? I have a few APVs, but never got to try the APT. Nice looking rig though!

Well just playing with the APT I like the feel of it.. I am going to put it thru it's paces at 100yds on wednesday..

but it already has a snazzy mallninja esque paint job
whistle.gif

Niper smiley of win

2011-04-30_18-02-54_450.jpg

First five Wolf Match Extra through my new TRR-SR. 50 yards on a 2 inch circle - under 1/2".
smile.gif

image1.jpg

Image00012.jpg

The CCI CB Short Targets didn't do as good but they do make it a little more challenging.

Two stupid questions. What is the point to the side rail on the mount? And do you think you can shim the base to get more elevation?

Want!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: planalpha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two stupid questions. What is the point to the side rail on the mount? And do you think you can shim the base to get more elevation?

Want!!! </div></div>

That ugly base has to be someone in marketing's "great" idea. I'll sell you mine. It never got mounted. I just put an EGW 20moa rail on and it looks much better and actually has practical value.

PBinWA-
Haha! Sorry I was referring to the rifle not the mount. Need MOA not crazy rails.

Here is a video I took yesterday with my YHM SS Mite attached.

shooting standard remington subsonic ammo.

This is my buddies first time shooting a suppressed .22.. love that smile after the first shot!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9U3UgRSZ8jc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9U3UgRSZ8jc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U3UgRSZ8jc

Here are some groups from this beast
50ft CCI standard velocity suppressed

tactical12.jpg

100yds CCI standard suppressed

100yd22.jpg

Photos of my TRR-SR with re-cut (Class-3) threaded barrel and upgraded thread protector, S&S Gunsmithing Package (AccuTrigger ~1.6lbs), DIP Products Bottom Metal, DIP Products Scope Base - Std, Bushnell Elite E6241 6-24x40, rings unknown, and Silencerco 22Sparrow Supressor. I placed a lot of oil on the gap on the thread protector so it would show up, normally it is hard to spot.

TRR-SR-1.jpg

TRR-SR-2.jpg

TRR-SR-3.jpg

TRR-SR-4.jpg

hmmm maybe I should tweak my trigger to make it lighter..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sweetbeard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hmmm maybe I should tweak my trigger to make it lighter.. </div></div>
I did, followed the thread on rimfire central, and I love my mkii trigger now