• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another typical Day in Cali

Just up the road from me (45 minutes) but might as well have been a million miles away.
Lasted about an hour from what the news said. 14 patrol cars and more civilian cars and homes shot up during the pursuit. ROE put to the test in this one. It will be interesting to hear about the details when the fog clears.

Stockton is about like Detroit in a many ways.

At least they got to ride around in their MRAP so it wasnt a total waste.

Unfortunately, I was a reserve officer, same job no pay, as I could not go full-time while I was also on active duty mil. Reserve officers differ across the country but here in CA we go through the academy and are (hired but not paid) by the local SO as an at-will employee. I was the team leader for the Dive Unit when I retired. As a PC832, we are not allowed to carry when we retire as a PC830 is. I have my CCW card that does not expire until 2017 but the reason for carry is listed as off-duty protection and I don't want the legal headache if I ever had to use it and defend the fact that I am retired as I would most likely get sued in a civil case by some surviving family member.

On a side note - yes, the ruby ridge ex-FBI agent now runs our SO and I will just leave it at that...........

Last edited: