• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another ugly Savage!!

kswaterfowl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Kansas
Not quite finished, but at least Ill be able to shoot it. Fiance told me I have to wait til after the wedding to paint and cerkote, and buy the rest of my accessories. Still having the Atlas vs Harris debate with myself, and hopefully stockdoc can add some kmw hardware to the stock.
Build list: Savage model 10 action T&T by Kevin Rayhill, Shilen varmint stainless match barrel, bedded Stockade Woodchuck with anschutz rail, Kevin Rayhills DBM, Bushnell HDMR, ARC 34mm rings, Talley 20 moa base, Tacops stock pack.

photobucket-3489-1362205574155_zps06ebb7a8.jpg

photobucket-6813-1362205226253_zps6e735046.jpg

I have 2 stockade stocks with Kevin's dbm. I like them alot. How long did it take you to get his stock?

Ugly? That's a nice looking rig. Love the Bushie HDMR. I'm running two of 'em.
What's the length on the barrel?

Hmm. I've got an ugly stick that looks very similar. Kevin Rayhill did some of the work on it and it has a Criterion Barrel, Manners Stock. What caliber is yours?

Good luck with the upcoming wedding.

Thanks for the kind words, Kevin can build some amazing shooters. I think it took around 8 months for him to do the entire build. It has a 26"shilen shilen barrel chambered in 243 win.

The .243 is a good caliber. I keep wishing for a .260 however I've spent a fortune on dies and components so I guess I'll stick with my .308. How far have you or are you going to shoot this? Have you got a load worked out? If so what components are you using, or are you shooting factory?

Makes me a little jealous. I keep eyeballing other rigs but haven't learned to shoot what I have well enough yet. I'd best keep buying bullets and powder and learn to shoot what I have.

Salvages have a beauty all their own. At least that's what I tell myself.

and the fact of the matter is, you CAN put lipstick on a pig ...

I'm sorry but I'd tell her "It's getting completely built plus at least 5000 rounds" before the wedding, cause after the wedding you ain't getting shit! Anyway that's a nice stick.

Kevin is building a 6.5 SAUM for me. I really like his work, he did a 308 for me and it is one of my most accurate rifles.
Big fan of the ugly savage...

Nice looking stick! I've always affectionatly referred to my two Savages as "my fugly sticks". I gave my 12LRP a pretty ugly Krylon job this Spring because I couldn't stand having another all black rifle. Looked decent until after the first Summer match then it could have passed as Pig-Pens personal rifle with all the grime it picked up. It still beat a LOT of high dollar kits though. ;) Now that I recieved my Manner's T2, have Shortbus repainting the original LRP stock, and getting bothbarredled actions Cerakoted they are not as "fugly" as they previously were. Lipstick on a pig indeed, but they shoot lights out!

How is the work done by Kevin? I have yet to handle a Savage with a T&T. Any chance you could post a video lifting the bolt?

Kevin does excellent work and generally keeps his word on the time he promises to get it done. Very nice guy that truly understands customer service. A very rare combination these days.