• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another USPS pluck me thread. Anyone have a contact at Bushnell/Vista? Need a small favor.

McNamara0851

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2014
Long story short, I have 4 Bushnell Elite scopes and have been using them since 2016. I recently traded a XRS2 H-59 to a member for a DMR2 pro for the lower magnification on a night hunting rifle. I received the DMR2 pro. The XRS2 was lost in the mail. I paid for the insurance, but USPS denied my claim stating that my proof of value was insufficient.

I acquired the aforementioned XRS2 through Bushnell's warranty, and I paid cash for the original scope that was sent in for warranty, so there is no receipt showing what I paid. Furthermore, because we traded scopes and I didn’t sell the scope, I don’t have any documentation of money changing hands to prove value. I have the paperwork from sending the original xrs in, as well as the packing slip from 2016 for receiving the new scope, but I don’t believe they will accept them as proof of value because there’s no dollar amount on them.

I’m simply looking for someone at Bushnell to send an email stating that I sent in XXXXsn scope, they sent me back XXXXsn scope on xxx date, and the XRS2-h59 has an appraised street value of $1949 according to the Bushnell website. After 3 long phone calls and various emails, I can not get anyone to fire an email off to my postmaster at usps recapping these events.

Does anyone have a contact at Vista that could help? I know the world is on fire, but I didn’t realize it would be so hard to get a customer service rep to do something so simple. I’m willing to buy someone a reasonably priced Hooker for their services. Thanks, and happy holidays.

Last edited:
Have you sent the USPS a link or picture of the page on the Bushnell website showing the value of your scope? If they won't accept that, you might give Doug at Camera Land NY a call. He's a Bushnell dealer and seems to have some pull with the folks there.