• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

another vote for Kidd products

budiceale

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2010
new braunfels, tx
i jumped head first into the ruger 10/22 game by buying the target tactical model. i knew that i would be replacing parts...after all, that's why we do the 10/22...because of all the neat stuff we can spend lots of money on to bolt onto them, right?
grin.gif
anyway, i got the rifle home, put on a 4x12 leupold in warne rings and went to the range. also, a friend at work gave me the old stock that he had replaced on his 10/22. it was a ruger factory laminated target stock. i didn't expect match winning accuracy but i was a little disappointed in the 1.25-1.5 inch groups i was getting at 50 yards. it didn't seem to matter what ammo i used, those groups were the best i could do. then i found out that tony kidd lives 13 miles from me. what luck!!!...the best and most expensive after market 10/22 stuff, right around the corner!! so i bought a 16.5 inch barrel and a power custom hammer and sear kit and back to the range i went. what a difference!! the rifle will now shoot .5 inch groups with boring regularity. i am very pleased. i think it will do better when my technique gets better. any time i got a flyer, it was my fault, not the rifle's. my wife doesn't know it yet but she's buying me a kidd trigger and bolt for Christmas. then, with some higher dollar ammo, we will see what the lowly semi auto is really capable of. although my experience is very limited, i HIGHLY recommend tony kidd's products. worth every cent.

Re: another vote for Kidd products

Your timing is prefect! I was looking for some positive feedback on the kidd products. I am thinking about buying the "KID Completion Kit With Bolt". I already have a Ruger 10/22 that had a clarks custom accuracy package done, which shoots under .5 at 50 yards with match ammo and am now wanting to build a trainer. I think the kidd kit will be the ticket. Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of yours and maybe some feedback on groups out to 100, 150 yards. Thanks

Re: another vote for Kidd products

if you want feedback on Kidd stuff, go to RFC. i haven't seen anything BUT positive feedback on their products. i'll attempt to attach a picture but my rifle is nothing special. just a factory stock and Kidd barrel(and a couple of new trigger parts) i haven't tried it at 100 or 150 so can't comment about that, but if a guys skill level is up to it(mine's not) i don't think any Kidd products will disappoint you.
1022skin004.jpg