• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another vudoo chassis question

Bayou1535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2011
MW
I'm ordering a ba tomorrow from vudoo but have been having trouble deciding between mpa's comp and a mdt acc. I pretty much set on the mpa due to the adjustable mag catch but I seen they also have the esr which is 2" longer on the forearm. The esr seems to be .4 lb's heavier but has updated mlock like the matrix. Actually surprised the comp hasn't been updated to mlock. I've only seen one pic of the mpa esr and the rest are the comp version. Am I missing why everyone goes with the comp version? I'll be going with a 22" mtu and would like to get by with no weights to balance but that doesn't seem possible.

Mine is in an MPA BA Comp chassis, with 20" MTU barrel, all FDE bought it as a complete rifle from VGW, then just put scope and rings on it when I got it home. It's been great. Balances about 1/2" in front of the mag well (on a kitchen chair) with Atlas CAL bipod on the ARCA rail legs folded forward.

Thanks Cowpokey, Its just that I've heard several times that 18 or 20" won't balance a mpa. I have a atlas cal also and maybe with it off, a 22" will balance it. I'm getting in line tomorrow and I just keep going back and forth lol.

Reactions: Cowpokey
If you're leaning toward the MPA BA chassis, order it as a "complete rifle" from VGW, you can have the whole thing cerakoted what ever color you want...there are 5 or 6 standard colors that don't cost extra. Here's mine in FDE.

Edit add: I don't have the 419 on my Atlas anymore (that pic was the day I brought it home and mounted the scope), changed it out to a Gray Ops with cam lever...moar betta.

Attachments

• Vudoo360.jpg
    Vudoo360.jpg
    744.9 KB · Views: 123
Here's my 20" MTU in an MDT ACC chassis that I really enjoyed shooting. I've just received a tuner that I want to try but I can't use it with the MDT ACC because the barrel is so short. I put it back in the KRG Bravo to try the tuner the next time I'm at the range.

20211217 at SCRAP #2.jpg

The MDT ACC balances better than the MPA BA. Just swap the buttstock buttplate piece with their aluminum version to cut .75lbs off the rear. Everyone here is running ACC's with 22" barrels.

The MDT standard mag latch has been perfect for my Vudoos. It doesn't need an adjustable one since it just works. This is across 8 or so different ACCs I've seen Vudoos in.

Though my favorite chassis is the XLR Envy Pro which I swapped over to.

XLR recently announced an adjustable mag catch update for their next gen Envy Pro chassis on Instagram.

The MDT ACC balances better than the MPA BA. Just swap the buttstock buttplate piece with their aluminum version to cut .75lbs off the rear. Everyone here is running ACC's with 22" barrels.

The MDT standard mag latch has been perfect for my Vudoos. It doesn't need an adjustable one since it just works. This is across 8 or so different ACCs I've seen Vudoos in.

Though my favorite chassis is the XLR Envy Pro which I swapped over to.
No dramas with feeding in the XLR mate? I have one on order.

The only thing I did have going on with it was that some aluminum mags were really, really tight in the magwell... Not sure if anyone else had this going

I sent them my aluminum mag and they remeasured their chassis to support it. So they re-did my mag well and all the new ones fit the Vudoo aluminum mags. It is something to pay attn to if you're buying a used one though.

Reactions: Badjujuu
NiteQwill, it would be identical as I have that same suppressor lol. I may just order the ba and give some time to settle on a chassis. But its going to be a mpa or mdt.

I just built a rifle with vudoo 360 action (mile high shooting) 20” heavy barrel on MPA BA chassis (Altus) and Nightforce ATACR. About 15.5 lbs including bipod. Would probably opt for a lightweight chassis. MPA makes one that cuts 2.5 lbs off the BA but it looks like you lose some adjustability. It’s possible to have it now rather than waiting 5 months from Vudoo. Shoots amazing.

I get failures to feed with the slightest pressure to the polymer and metal mags using a v360 and Envy Pro.

Interesting, I have put pressure on my mags in competition and I haven't had a failure to feed in any comps. I even grip the rifle by the mag when doing those unsupported offhand stages. Is this using their new adjustable mag latch?

Interesting, I have put pressure on my mags in competition and I haven't had a failure to feed in any comps. I even grip the rifle by the mag when doing those unsupported offhand stages. Is this using their new adjustable mag latch?
No, I bought this chassis as new from @CSTactical a couple of months ago. Pretty sure it’s the latest version before they implemented the adjustable catch.

No, I bought this chassis as new from @CSTactical a couple of months ago. Pretty sure it’s the latest version before they implemented the adjustable catch.

Are you noticing the feed issue when rocking the mag side to side? The way I test is

1. Rifle is perpendicular to me.
2. Try to feed a round.
3. Pull the mag towards you, try to feed a round.
4. Push the mag away from you, try to feed a round.

If one direction (push or pull) fails, but the other direction is fine then it usually means that your action is slightly off cant to the chassis. I'd reseat it so that both #3 and #4 work (mag by default is centered)

Reactions: Heffo
Same - zero feed issues regardless of how much pressure i put on the mag (i 15 round aluminum ones) no adjustable mag latch either
Interesting, I have put pressure on my mags in competition and I haven't had a failure to feed in any comps. I even grip the rifle by the mag when doing those unsupported offhand stages. Is this using their new adjustable mag

Are you noticing the feed issue when rocking the mag side to side? The way I test is

1. Rifle is perpendicular to me.
2. Try to feed a round.
3. Pull the mag towards you, try to feed a round.
4. Push the mag away from you, try to feed a round.

If one direction (push or pull) fails, but the other direction is fine then it usually means that your action is slightly off cant to the chassis. I'd reseat it so that both #3 and #4 work (mag by default is centered)
No issues with side to side play. Rounds nosedive on #3 and the mag doesn't move enough on #4 to cause issues. I followed the Vudoo instructions with standing the rifle up during chassis install. At this time, it's one confirmed variable in feeding issues rather than tweaking how the action seats in the chassis in a non-quantitative amount for a good enough feed on #3/4.

While I haven't zeroed on any stages with this setup (yet), it's enough for me to be excited for more adjustable magazine catches to be introduced in the market for rimfire r700 clones.

I consistently see feeding issues with other Vudoos in MPA chassis as well.

The MPA problem can be resolved with MPA Mag block and adjusting their latch.

Try a small strip of duct tape on the front of the magazine in the XLR chassis

Well, the ba is ordered as I decided to mull over the chassis option. I went with a 22" threaded, large bolt knob in black and may decide against the threaded. I have a dead air mask but it's one more thing to constantly clean. But if I keep it threaded, I can always try a tuner. They advised they can get a mdt acc if I choose to go that route. Gonna think about and I may go that route, whats up with the $200 upcharge for anything other than blk or fde? Could just paint though lol.

I thought all of the "standard colors" didn't cost extra. I originally ordered mine threaded, but changed it to non-threaded after VGW put out a video on their instagram page about the problems with threaded barrels and accuracy. I wish I had saved a link to that video...and I had to have someone else post it when I heard about it. I think it was in May or June last year. Hopefully someone will have it and post it up.

Well, the ba is ordered as I decided to mull over the chassis option. I went with a 22" threaded, large bolt knob in black and may decide against the threaded. I have a dead air mask but it's one more thing to constantly clean. But if I keep it threaded, I can always try a tuner. They advised they can get a mdt acc if I choose to go that route. Gonna think about and I may go that route, whats up with the $200 upcharge for anything other than blk or fde? Could just paint though lol.

It's MDT's upcharge for cerakoting their chassis. Actions / Barrels are cerakoted free by Vudoo.

I thought all of the "standard colors" didn't cost extra. I originally ordered mine threaded, but changed it to non-threaded after VGW put out a video on their instagram page about the problems with threaded barrels and accuracy. I wish I had saved a link to that video...and I had to have someone else post it when I heard about it. I think it was in May or June last year. Hopefully someone will have it and post it up.

I also went unthreaded after watching VGW's video. If you're going to go unthreaded, just get tested at Lapua's test center, order two cases, and be done with ammo for 2 years.

If you are one of those I like to buy random bricks of ammo... then I'd get it threaded and get a tuner.

My first Vudoo was threaded, and I had it tested at Lapua, got 2 cases of ammo. I also bought a tuner but because the ammo was already tuned, it did absolutely nothing for me.

My 360 isn't threaded. I'll send it off for testing in a month or so after the holidays.

I do miss using my suppressor for fun, but that's what my other light weight 22's are for... little suppressed varmint hunters.

Reactions: Cowpokey
That's correct, it was mdt's up charge for anything other than blk or fde. Vudoo cerakotes barrel and action and certain chassis like mpa because I believe they get them in the white. Lapua is only about two hours from me and I will be setting a date to get it lot tested. Hopefully by then you get more than 1k. I use my suppressor on other things for pests and what not. I did forget to tell them I wanted a bartlein but I'll change that when I call them back about the chassis/trigger/threading. I wanted to get the ball rolling and quit putting it off.

Thanks for the article, I do see what he means and I don’t plan on using a suppressor but possible a tuner since we can’t tune the load. I’ve also seen plenty that shoot great threaded. So basically, I do t know lol.

I ended up going with the mdt and having it come as a complete rifle from vudoo. I'm going to keep it threaded as well, only five months lol.

They're at four to five months out and I'm not changing anything lol. I've went back and forth so much it has driven me crazy. The only thing that might I change is the trigger as far as flat or curved. Never had a flat shoe and might try one but will mess with one locally first.

They're at four to five months out and I'm not changing anything lol. I've went back and forth so much it has driven me crazy. The only thing that might I change is the trigger as far as flat or curved. Never had a flat shoe and might try one but will mess with one locally first.
Well there is a new version of the acc coming out in a month...

I could only get a flat shoe triggertech, I was sceptical at first but its brilliant.
All my rifles will have flat triggers soon enough.