• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz 54 1710 D HB...six years later

J Scott

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2003
USA
I bought an Anschutz 54 1710 HB back in 2013 and put less than a box through it back then. Recently, I decided to put a rail on it and an Athlon scope that I bought from Doug. Today, besides getting it out to the club-long over due(life got in the way)-, I wanted to see if it had a preference for Lapua CX or SK+. I picked the best 3 five shot groups from each load for a total of 6 targets all shot at 50 yards. The targets are posted below. I look forward to getting this one out again-sooner rather than later- and this time with a much lighter trigger-good gosh it's too heavy now ?

These 3 five shot groups are of the SK+ (vertical target)

These 3 five shot groups are of the Lapua CX ( 2 targets then 1 target)

Attachments

• IMG_5590.jpg
    IMG_5590.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_5591.jpg
    IMG_5591.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_5592.jpg
    IMG_5592.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Reactions: absp123
It looks like you have a shooter there! I am looking forward to sone 6X5’s soon!

Oh, how about a picture or two of the rifle? I kinda have a thing for Anschutz ;)

I agree re a shooter and posting some 6x5's! Here's a pic of it when I had a Leupold on it. Very glad to own this rifle. (y)
IMG_3626.JPG

Reactions: drglock and jbell
The 5096 triggers in these 1710DHB's will safely go to a pound (or slightly less) with a sear adjustment & J&P Gunsprings light pull weight spring.

Reactions: 1moaoff
The 5096 triggers in these 1710DHB's will safely go to a pound (or slightly less) with a sear adjustment & J&P Gunsprings light pull weight s

Hello Allen,

I hope I didn't offend you, I just like to point out that all Anschutz triggers are not the same. Someone in this past week nearly bought a very attractive rifle with a 5109 trigger simply because he was not aware that Anschutz trigger differ from gun to gun. I only noticed it because of the trigger blade configuration.

Anschutz has triggers that look the same when viewed on the gun. IE: 5109, 5098 and 5103. The weights are much different however and as follows: 1.8 lbs. / 2.4 lbs. and 6 oz. / 15.8 oz. and 2.2 lbs. / 3.5 lbs.

The 5018 and the 5022 are even worse. The 5018 goes from 2.2 oz. / 8.6 oz. while the 5022 goes from 2.2 lbs. / 3.5 lbs.
Again, outwardly on the gun they look very similar.

I'm truly only looking to help people out
Shawn

All good, my friend - I'm also just trying to help out - Been buying Anschutz for over 50 years and very familiar with the various trigger options. Virtually all 1710 DHB's sold in Aus are fitted with the 5096 single stage. I've owned quite a few (all NIB) and it's pretty much a given that the trigger will arrive with the sear adjustment lawyer safe and pull weight adjusted to max. J&P do a brisk trade locally!