• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz 54.18 ms-ed and ammo testing

WebWalker

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2011
Canada
www.68z28.com
Hi
Retired guy with too much time. Buying days WAY over. Now it's enjoy retesting the firearms.

My son and I would pick a calibre and then research and buy the most accurate factory firearm I could afford. WWAYY preGoogle. I don't have a lot.

I own one rimfire rifle. I'm doing web pages for a few of my guns. Did this a while ago.

lotta work in the ammo test at the bottom. I need 5 shot/5 group aggs to help me make sense. Have a very cute excel spreadsheet doing the donkey.

I got some Ely Match EPS and did some indoor 50yd. Beat the Lapua Master M. I bought a bunch of the Lapua for 'house' ammo.

Re: Anschutz 54.18 ms-ed and ammo testing

Thanks Sir for sharing the results, very interesting.
Are these all shot in doors? looks RW50 is improving from the old stock, Is the tenex new production?

Yes, it was all indoors.
The old stuff is from 1990 and the new, including Tenex, is 2007.
I was going to repeat using a one-piece rest trying to take me out of the equation but the builder let me down.

If you can find any of the old Federal 900B.. you will find that it is amazing and will shoot in .100s at 50yards.

Nice write up and rifle.
smile.gif