• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Anschutz 54 Magazine Loader, Protective Caps, and Biathlon Extended Magazine Baseplate

Panther

Competition Shooter
Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2009
    Alabama
    I have 3D-printed magazine accessories available for the curved 10-shot magazines (factory part number 1420-U13) for Anschutz rifles. This includes models 54, 64, 1710, 1712, 1416, 1417. These are things that I made for myself and use them with my Anschutz 1710 competition rifle, but then other Anschutz shooters at local matches wanted some too, and I'm also now making them available here. I already have a listing here of items for the Vudoo V22.

Most items are made to order, so you can pick your colors and/or options. If you're like me and color doesn't really matter (or you don't specify as a comment with your order), I'll just pick it out for you based on what I have already made or the filament I've got loaded in the 3D printer. On the shelf I usually have them pre-made in red or yellow (easy to find in your range bag), but they can also be made in white, black, gray, or blue. Check with me on other colors if you need something else, like to coordinate with your custom stock.

I combine shipping... add $4 shipping on your first item and then there is no additional shipping cost for more items.

If you see "ANSCHUTZ" or "ANSCHÜTZ"on an item, it is merely to identify what gun it goes with... this is not in any way trying to infringe on Anschütz's excellent rifles and their trademarks.

NOTE THAT THE PHOTOS MAY SHOW A COMBINATION OF ITEMS AND HOW THEY'RE USED TOGETHER. EACH SELECTION IS FOR A SINGLE TYPE ITEM ONLY.

1. A thumb-assist magazine loader for Anschutz 1420-series repeater magazines (used in models 54, 64, 1710, 1712, 1416, and 1417). I found that it was difficult to load the last several rounds into my 10-round magazines as they started to get fuller. This thumb-assist loader makes it A LOT easier! I specifically designed it to work well with the curvature of these magazines. Also, if you have trouble pushing the previous round "just right" to avoid rim-lock, then this tool helps with that too, giving you just the right depth before you push in the next cartridge. $15. Only ONE is included, though some of the photos show multiple ones together.

1A. A thumb-assist magazine loader that's just slightly different than #1 so that it works for the same Anschutz magazines *AND* Savage MKII magazines that have been modified to fit the Anschutz 54/64 guns. It fits perfectly on the modified Savage mags, but has a little slop when used on factory Anschutz mags... but you can use it on both if you prefer to purchase only one loader. $15.

2. Magazine Caps -- if you like to pre-load your 1420-series magazines before going to the range (like I do, especially on competition days), these slip-on/snap-in caps protect that exposed top cartridge from bullet damage. $7 for five, $12 for ten. This item is only the red cap (in your selected quantity and color) shown in the photo, not the magazines nor loaders also shown in some photos.

3. Biathlon style magazine base -- For you 5-round mag folks that want a better grip -- especially if you have a narrow magwell gun like the 54.18 MSR -- I made these biathlon-ish replacement bases in Nordic style. They slide-fit just like the factory mag bases, and have the same spring-nub notch. These take about an hour each to produce, so I'm not stocking them but will make them on request, in red, orange, black or gray. $12 each, or $10 each for 3 or more. This item is only the base piece... you'll need to use your own magazine and spring.

Attachments

• 1. MagLoader.jpg
      1. MagLoader.jpg
      61.4 KB · Views: 203
    • 1. Loaders.jpg
      1. Loaders.jpg
      41.2 KB · Views: 145
    • 2 MagCaps.jpg
      2 MagCaps.jpg
      44.5 KB · Views: 156
    • All.jpg
      All.jpg
      101.8 KB · Views: 160
    • LoaderModel.jpg
      LoaderModel.jpg
      34.6 KB · Views: 133
    • NordicMagbaseModel.jpg
      NordicMagbaseModel.jpg
      63.9 KB · Views: 135
    • NordicMagbase-Orange.jpg
      NordicMagbase-Orange.jpg
      36 KB · Views: 148
    Last edited:
    Reactions: DJP
    Bought a few bases and loaders a while back and forgot to do a follow up. The loaders work well and as designed but i really like the bases for easy, one-handed mag changes.... just tie a 1" loop of paracord through the holes in the base and stick your middle or ring finger through the loop when changing mags.....or does everyone already know this? 😐

Anyway, good stuff. buy some.

Phillip - I'll send you an email with details, as well as I'll PM you here too.

Last edited:
    Want price for : Mag loader , mag cap , and , mag base .. .. tks.

Hi Cpt -- prices are still $15 for the Magazine load assist, $7-for-5 or $12-for-10 mag caps, and the mag bases are $12 each (or $10 each for 3 or more). $4 gets added to cover mailing for the entire order. PM me with what you want when you're ready! Thanks, MIKE

Hi Cpt -- prices are still $15 for the Magazine load assist, $7-for-5 or $12-for-10 mag caps, and the mag bases are $12 each (or $10 each for 3 or more). $4 gets added to cover mailing for the entire order. PM me with what you want when you're ready! Thanks, MIKE

You should have gotten the money from Pay Pal. $19 for anschutz 64 thumb assist mag. loader in red. If money is not there send me your address and I will mail you a check.

You should have gotten the money from Pay Pal. $19 for anschutz 64 thumb assist mag. loader in red. If money is not there send me your address and I will mail you a check.
    Check your PMs... I've replied there :)

Hi, I'm interested in 3 of the biathlon bases but in white if you can PM me. I also want to make a side mag holder that holds four clips vertically along the gun (in white) instead of horizontally ( 4 clips out the side like bananas) with my 54 action.

Hi, I'm interested in 3 of the biathlon bases but in white if you can PM me. I also want to make a side mag holder that holds four clips vertically along the gun (in white) instead of horizontally ( 4 clips out the side like bananas) with my 54 action.

PM reply sent!