• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz 54 vs 64 actions

johnl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2006
Wet Coast
Tried search function, no luck. I want to get one really good rim fire. What are the differences between the actions? I'm hedging towards a 1710 HD in 22lr. But the 1418 D KL .22 lr is 700 dollars cheaper. Should I get the last model and put the dough towards a nice scope? decisions, thoughts thanks.

Re: Anschutz 54 vs 64 actions

Both are nice rifles. The 54 match will usually shoot better than a 64. The 54 has a bigger more rigid action and the triggers are better on the 54. There's more after market stuff for the 54. Anschutz says they use the same quality barrels in the two but the small bore crowd says that it’s not true and backs it up buy the fact that the 54 wins competitions and the 64 don't. Both will shoot better than most riflemen. If your a pinker and not a competitive shooter the 64 should be fine and you can use the extra dough for scope and ammo. Donald