• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz 64 MPR model variations?

packheat

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2012
I need some help from all of you Annie experts. I am looking to add an MP R to my safe and I had my LGS look into pricing. He said his suppliers only offer this: ANSCHUTZ M64 22LR MULTI-PURPOSE W/RAIL

It looks very close to the MPR but I noticed that the stock does not have a checkered grip and it makes no mention of an adjustable butt pad or trigger. It shows the manufactures number as 2194002, but the Anschutz website shows 009977.

Is this newer or older model of the MP R or is it a different rifle all together???

Thanks!

The stock with a non-checkered palm-swell area is the older stock version of the 64-MPR.

The current 64-MPR has a checkered palm-swell and a hole drilled into the stock to allow easier access to the trigger group. To my knowledge, the barreled action is the same. I have read that both the old stock and new stock 64-MPR have the extraction issue. A small file fixes that issue.

It's a very nice barreled action and I see the rifle now goes for about $1100. I would like to drop my 64-MPR into a Manners T4...

AN

Last edited:
Yes most plain stock are older, like mine.
the newer ones I think are checkered, an have a full floor plate.
both have adj but stock,
however the fireing pin on the last MPR 64 i sold was different then my older model.
but i have yet to see either new/old models that would not shoot better,then the driver.things to look at. Floor plate(newer is full from back of trigger past mag to front screw)
fireing pin, i am sure both have adj trigger( it is a annie after all LOL)
Barrel length,25 . something
you did not state if new/used, I have picked up used old for$700.00
an used new style for $950.00 (Sold a newer style few months back for what iI paid $950.00)
an was PM back that it is a shooter.
i am working a guy now that has a new style. An only shot it about a 100x,
an put it back in safe an forgot it.
but to your point both style's are great shooter's
YO

Big thanks to both of you for your informative replies. It is a new in box gun...This may in fact be a newer model with the checkering but just an old description on the Zanders link posted above. I'll have my LGS call up the distributor and see if the model they have in stock is checkered at the palm swell. In your oppinion is it worth looking harder for the new version or should I grab this one at $1100 out the door?

And jumped I did. I called my LGS today and placed the order. Now on to dressing her up. I'm planning on ordering a SWFA SS 12x42 and the DIP 25 MOA base, rings to be determined.

What are the cool kids doing for a bipod setup on the MPR?

And jumped I did. I called my LGS today and placed the order. Now on to dressing her up. I'm planning on ordering a SWFA SS 12x42 and the DIP 25 MOA base, rings to be determined.

What are the cool kids doing for a bipod setup on the MPR?

we all run a harris br model that swivil's with a pod lock,
works great for us (about 20 plus guy's)
but to each his own, get what works for you
if useing it as a trainer, set up the same as your centerfire, you will get more out of it that way