• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz 64R biathalon

farmbo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2008
South Dakota
I talked to Anschutz at the Shot Show. I guess the 64R has been out of production for 6 years. If anybody wants one we would have to order over 100. Any takers?

field test 64R

Re: Anschutz 64R biathalon

I have an MPR already, but I'd love to try that stock if they're willing to offer just that.

Sweet rifle. Too bad it is $1200 though. It is worth it, I just don't have it. I wish I had the big bolt handle on my anshutz now.

i would have one if i had the coin, but if i were going to get an anschutz 64, it would be the 64 MSR, not the mpr, although the biathlon does look awseome!!!!!!!!

there is a youtube vid of somone using it for tactical rimfire matches and it looks just great.

the msr is the same action, in a similar stock, it just has stippling and more of a silhouette stock as that is what it was designed for.

hope anschutz does another run of both these rifles oneday as i cant find any MSRs ANYWHERE!!!!

jimi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: farmbo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I talked to Anschutz at the Shot Show. I guess the 64R has been out of production for 6 years. If anybody wants one we would have to order over 100. </div></div>

That's weird because I ordered a 64R Biathlon back in October and it landed in late January:

anschutz002%20006.JPG

I ordered mine through Altius Handcrafted Firearms in Montana. Altius contacted JG Anschutz in Germany and Anschutz had a few new old stock rifles left in inventory. My friend ordered one after I did and his rifle landed too.

If you really want one, it can't hurt to contact Altius and see if Anschutz has any more new old stock rifles left. You never know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an MPR already, but I'd love to try that stock if they're willing to offer just that. </div></div>

Anschutz sells that stock by itself. Check out:

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/presse/English/Product%20Images/Biathlon%20Products/007069.jpg

I believe the "007069" is the Anschutz part number.

If you prefer, you can get it with the fixed comb:

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/presse/English/Product%20Images/Biathlon%20Products/007067.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What did they charge you for that bad boy? </div></div>

It was a lot. Altius' price on the rifle was $1500.

I think that's like full boat MSRP rather than "street price" we're accustomed to paying for guns. But I wanted the rifle and these things aren't exactly floating around, so I paid it. I'm glad I did too, because this is a really fun rifle.

Champion Shooters and Champion's Choice also import Anschutz target rifles, so you might try shopping around for a lower price. I had bad luck with both places in the past so I just went with Altius. Also, Altius is a biathlon shop so the guy at Altius knew what rifle I was talking about. I didn't want to order a rifle from Champion Shooters and then get some other rifle by mistake.