• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anschutz Achiever .22 rifle

ManInBlack83

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Chicago, IL
My first rifle was an Anschutz Achiever that my dad bought for me when I was nine. Nice hardwood stock, hooded front sight, adjustable buttplate. I absolutely loved it and thought it was the best rifle in the world.

It ended up getting sold a few years ago. I finally had enough today and decided I am going to buy one so I can pass it down to my son when he gets old enough. I'm going to try to right this wrong.

I can't find one. ANYWHERE.

Now I'm searching desperately to find one, and I'm afraid I may be S.O.L.

Re: I can't find an Anschutz Achiever anywhere!!!!

That was the first place I looked...nothing.

Let me re-phase my original post. I can't find one that's not beat to hell.

I did find ONE on gunsamerica.com but he's asking 489.00 and if it were mint I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. It looks too beat up for that money. The ad's been there for 6 months or so.

I'll find one eventually, it's just going to take some time.

If it could be done....it would probably end up costing more than a new one. Some of the stock spacers are missing, rear sight is gone, cracked stock, rust and pitting on the outside, front sight is missing. The accuracy is something awful, maybe a heavy duty cleaning could fix that, not sure really.

I know it's not considered the best model from Anschutz, but it still was a quality rifle that was extremely neglected.

Finding parts and getting a decent restoration I'm guessing would be pretty stiff.

dude, that just sucks. again, some people just cant have nice things

Get new different one for your kid. It's between you and him sharing a similiar ritual as you and your father. It doesn't have to be you reliving your childhood. But otherwise keep looking. There are new one's for 850 all the time on gunbroker, the multi purpose version is loved by a few here.

I would have to agree with J.Myers on this. Start a new something special. Even if you get a another one, it's not the same rifle you shot growing up. "Put the Anschutz out of your mind..."

You might want to check here, they show parts that you may use.
Parts Link