• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz Air Rifles?

Re: Anschutz Air Rifles?

I shot one for years in NCAA rifle competition. It kind of depends on how cool you are with your neighbors. They are only made to punch paper at 10 meters so there is not that much noise. You would need to get a scuba tank and the adapters in order to refill the compressed air cylinder. For the price of all that you could buy yourself a lot of ammo and upgrades for your 'primary gun'. If you really want to get good at unsupported, position shooting, it may be worth it for you. I do not know how they are rifled, but with pellets that are matched to the barrel, they will shoot through the same hole all day when put in a vice.

Look into Feinwerkbau 600, 601 or 602. then you wont need a Scuba tank. You start shoot real 10 meter Airgun, your shoot overall will get better. Remember, to cut a bulls on ten meter is hitting this ( . )

If money is no object then knock your self out.IMO unless you are planning on being an Olympic competitor this rifle is overbourd.If I were going to spend the money I'd get an airgun with more power and have a moderator=silencer installed to make it quiet.That way it's much more versatile for shooting longer ranges,hunting,pest control.

I do prefer PCP air rifles for sure!Check out Airgunsofarizona.com they have just about every airgun made.Even the entry level PCP's will touch pellets at 30 yards.Just ask their advice and they will set you up.

Here's a pic of my wife's Mac1 USFT and a 12 shot group at 51yards.It's set at 19.5 ftlbs and shoots a 10.2 gr pellet at 920fps.The group in the pic was shot with a heavier pellet thus the lower fps.This airrifle is dominant in Field Target Airrifle competition which what it was designed for.
DSC00115.jpg
DSC00112.jpg

Steve

still aint a Feinwerkbau or Anschutz, if it was, that target would only have one hole

That target was shot at 51Y not 10Y.Also it was shot off a bench not with the rifle in a jig.Not only that the pellets used were not weighed,sized or sorted for blemish.

I'm not saying that Anschutz,Feinwerkbau,Steyr and any top line 10 meter match rifle aren't fantastic rifles.

At the FT nationals last year there was one Steyr in the top five all the rest were USFT's.

Steve

FWIW, if you are interested in an older Anschutz I have a couple for sale. They are side cockers so you don't have to fill off a scuba tank, but required more movement between shots. Models 2001 Super Air and 380.

Keep in mind, a silencer is a silencer, even if on an air rifle. I was appalled when I found that I would need to jump through the same hoops for an air rifle suppressor as a firearm suppressor.

Got to love the .gov-- and I work for them!!!