• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anschutz or sako.... help me decide today

selfbowhunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2006
TEXAS
i have worked out possible deals on a sako p94s and an anschutz 1416d HB. both rifles are in excellent condition with little use. the sako is $150 more. which is the better rifle for a trainer? which is likely to shoot better? thanks.

chuck

Re: anschutz or sako.... help me decide today

Either one would be a great choice but I would go with the Anschutz myself because I have one and know how goog they are. Mine is 1907 BR model.
MHO
larryj

The trigger of the Anschutz is the same as in their 1903 match rifle. I am very biased towards Anschutz triggers so that would determine my choice if I really had to choose between the two.
The finnfire is also very good, the quad is based on this gun.
Try to shoot both and see how they feel, you can´t go wrong with either of the two.

Well I'm gonna give you another Arkie's opinion.
grin.gif
I'd go the Sako as I have one of them and know how it shoots. But thats just 2 ole Arkies opinions. Seriously you can't go wrong, the Sako would be easier to upgrade the bbl on. My Lilja shoots better than the factory Sako but just barely.

the sako is a great rifle I would select the 94 also a lilja barrel and there about as good as you will get from a rimfire

Yep.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the sako is a great rifle I would select the 94 also a lilja barrel and there about as good as you will get from a rimfire </div></div>

Isn't the Sako a large enough action that it can be fitted to a McM A series stock? I think that's true and if it is that'd be my only reason to go away from annies.
The 1416 is a 64 action so the trigger isn't the same as the 54 match rifles. The two stage 64 trigger is a great trigger, and only barely bested by the 9018 triggers on the 54 match guns...

the 1416 was reported to have the single stage trigger. from a quality standpoint, i think they are probably neck and neck though i dont like the plastic on the sako. i was hoping one of them might have a decisive accuracy advantage to make the choice easier. i really apprecitate all the help.

chuck

From the Anchutz site http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php...duktShow=detail

Trigger:
Two stage trigger and single stage trigger correspond to the match triggers, which are used in the ANSCHÜTZ target rifles of the models 1903. The light weight, hardened and polished parts guarantee a smooth and precise release of the trigger.

You cannot exchange them but internally they work the same.
And you can choose single and two stage triggers.

I would go with the Anschutz

sabre-you're correct, the 1903 is a 64 Match rifle, I was thinking of the 1907, the 54 Match rifle.
My comment about the 64 two stagers still stands, they are only bested by the 9018 triggers in the 1907 and 54.18's!