• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz pistols

Joe G

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2007
Charleston, WV
Looking for scope mounting options for a Calfee built Annie pistol. Have a 34mm vortex but not having much luck in getting it mounted. I ordered an Area 419 base for it and tried to make it work but it doesn’t fit this particular gun properly and it won’t eject rounds. Went to a pistol only shoot at Thunder Valley Precision and was told to order the BKL Technologies bases. I ordered 2 versions and they work with the 30mm Diamondbacks but I still haven’t worked on the Calfee gun yet. Three of these have 6-24 diamondbacks. The 17mach2 has a burris pistol and the short barreled 22 has a leupy pistol scope.
Just looking for suggestions.
Top to bottom
.22, calfee converted 17Mach2 (was a 17hmr), last run of 100 built 1416P .22, 17hmr, calfee built .22

Noice!

One of those things I sold because it didn't get used where I was shooting mostly. Now that I'm in different shooting environs I wish I still had it. (my Contender barrel too, not sure why I sold that, it surely wasn't taking up any space. Now that I think about it, I might have sold it when I bought the Exemplar. Dumb either way.) I have zero recollection of what I used for rings.

Thanks!!! I just looked d3 up. I went to pharmacy school in Morgantown (a few yrs ago) Live just outside of Charleston now. I may be able to schedule a visit while going to watch the Mountaineers play.

I am not overly familiar with the action on their pistols, but if it is similar to the 54 action, Diversified Innovative Products make a rail that fits quite nice. Not sure if that would fit or if you would consider a rail, but that would at least open your options for 34mm rings.

The problem I’m running into is the top is ovate. I got an Area 419 base but it doesn’t go forward enough for the chamber cut to line up and won’t allow it to eject. I got two different talley scope rings I thought would work but they both were flat on the bottom and wouldn’t mate to the ovate receiver. The BKL seem to best fit so far. Just need to get some low 34mm rings so they don’t ride so high like the 30mm are now.

Attachments

• A99AB157-2624-4F9E-8062-68D91C144D08.jpeg
    A99AB157-2624-4F9E-8062-68D91C144D08.jpeg
    473.4 KB · Views: 35