• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz rx-22

Re: Anschutz rx-22

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/anschutz-introduces-msr-rx22/

IMO and FWIW, this is like having rolls royce putting out a pickup truck.

i'm sure it 's a fine rifle, BUT kinda not what i'd expect for anschutz. i guess the market dictates the product, and there's always room on the trendy band wagon.

i don't wanna sound like a dick, but product / name association with anschutz doesn't bring to mind a semi auto wanna be assault rifle in .22lr.

You got to be kidding, I thought more of Anschutz then that. I thought they had enough class to stay out of the tactifool crap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You got to be kidding, I thought more of Anschutz then that. I thought they had enough class to stay out of the tactifool crap.</div></div>

yes, because they're NOT in the industry to make money, right?

With the price of ammo I would think you would understand. The question is..... Can it shoot ??? Can it mimic the feel and accuracy of my m-4 ???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the price of ammo I would think you would understand. The question is..... Can it shoot ??? Can it mimic the feel and accuracy of my m-4 ???</div></div>

When I talked to the rep at Shot he assured me that they do shoot like an Anschutz.

While I agree that it seems something of a perversion to have an Anschutz semi .22 modeled on the SCAR, provided it still shoots like an Anschutz and loads reliably I rather like the idea. So many .22 trainers don't shoot straight. I can't argue with one that does even if it seems a crime against nature.

i'd imagine it would have the same feel of the grip and mag well of the M4, but has a rear stock like a SCAR, charging handle like a reverse side MP5, forestock also like a HK. probably the only similiarity would be the grip and mag well / release. the rest is a hodgepodge, but at least it's a hodge podge of nice features.

http://www.anschuetz-msr.com/us/msr_rx22.html

http://www.anschuetz-msr.com/us/gallery.html

if using it within 50 yards i imagine it will be just as accurate as your M4

if you like to spray, it's all just the same.

for $895 might as well buy an extra upper in .22lr or a dedicated MP15/22 at half the price, and exacting the dimensions.

Thanks for the helpful info. Looked on you tube and saw some good video on the rifle. Looks like they did not put to much thought into the gun. The plastic stock looks like a POS. I thought that they mite make a better weapon then that for the price there asking.
I really can't afford to shoot my other rifles right now. Need a good straight shooting rifle that shoots cheep ammo. Was thinking of selling one of my other seldom used guns to buy a 22 lr. Practice makes perfect right !
This is to the guys who put in there unasked opinion F you. If you don't like the gun then keep it to your self.

"This weapons system made by German Sport Guns is well known, sophisticated and has been sold 150 000 times."

this part is the only thing that worries me.....if this really is made by GSG....it won't shoot like an annie

I hope that someone who actually owns one would give there real life experience with the rifle. Opinions are not facts. Tell me that you have one and have taken in to the range or hunting and what your rifle does and does not do well.

Anshutz MSR 22 Modern Sporting Rifle Evaluation

I hope that someone who actually owns one would give there real life experience with the rifle. Opinions are not facts. Tell me that you have one and have taken in to the range or hunting and what your rifle does and does not do well.

I had mixed feelings with the MSR 22, as the SCAR platform seems foreign to this precision rifle maker. I had confidence in Anshutz and purchased the gun.

I mounted a Leupold 3X9 tactical scope and headed to the range with as many different types of ammo as I could find. I sighted the rifle in at 55 yards and began testing 10 round groups of each ammo selection. It became apparent early on that the rifle would be very accurate. As with any rifle, it was necessary to find the ammo that the MSR liked best. I tested ten different brands of ammo, with some being target velocity and some high velocity. There was also several types of premium target ammo in the sample as well.

The MSR shot most of the ammo well with some shooting extremely well. There were only two brands that produced groups over one inch. I am not wasting your time mentioning brands because your MSR would likely handle the ammo differently than mine did.

Anshutz claims one hole ragged groups at 50 yards and I found that to be correct with my rifle. I had three ammo samples out of the ten that produced one hole groups of .5 inch or less. I believe the gun is capable of even better groups because the wind was gusting up to 8-10 MPH while shooting. Outstanding accuracy is a hallmark of the MSR.

The MSR is a well made gun and a pleasure to shoot. It does not feel like a fine bolt target rifle but is very capable of performing like one. The trigger is very good but different than triggers found on fine bolt guns. The MSR trigger has an unusual amount of takeup to deal with. After the take up, the trigger breaks cleanly on my gun at in between 3.5 and 4 pounds as verified on a Lyman electronic scale.

I am hard to please and you really have to look hard to find much wrong with the MSR. The rifle functioned well with most of the ammo. Federal Auto Match and Federal Premium Target would not cycle the action but all the other brands did fine. This not a cheap rifle and Anschutz has made sure that their reputation will remain intact with this new precision product. If you want exceptional accuracy in a semiauto, the MSR in my view is an excellant choice. I have no regrets purchasing this gun.

Send an email if you have questions.
Good Shooting!