• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Ant Vomit ® Cammo

He Shoot Me

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
No. Cal.
This is what 3 cans of paint, a sponge, and some beer can do to your gun.
laugh.gif

TABGEARANTVOMITCAMMO015.jpg

TABGEARANTVOMITCAMMO011.jpg

TABGEARANTVOMITCAMMO018.jpg

TABGEARANTVOMITCAMMO009.jpg

TABGEARANTVOMITCAMMO006.jpg

-Pat

Re: Ant Vomit ® Cammo

GZ, I used a Faux Natural Sponge, you can get them at Wal-Mart in the paint section.

LOL I'll paint your gun if you make me a Ghillie
laugh.gif

-Pat

what color did you use as the base coat? i take it you put the paint on the sponge and then put it on the gun?

Looks great. Nice work man. I really need to take the plunge and put some color on my plain black rifle... To verify that I understand the process correctly, is that two or three cans of beer for each can of paint?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He_Shoot_Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL I'll paint your gun if you make me a Ghillie
laugh.gif
</div></div>

would have been a deal, but you gave away your technique
grin.gif

Fantastic job. I would copyright that Name as well very quickly, since it is quite catchy and someone here might already be filing a patent claim on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fantastic job. I would copyright that Name as well very quickly, since it is quite catchy and someone here might already be filing a patent claim on it. </div></div>

Done and done.

I call it Nordic frost.

What colors did you use? Duracoat or Krylon, etc?

It's a good pattern. Looks like digital from a distance
without the hassle. Think I like it better than digital.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pacomdiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what color did you use as the base coat? i take it you put the paint on the sponge and then put it on the gun? </div></div>
For the base coat, I just painted wide bands/stripes using Khaki and olive. Then I sponged khaki on the olive and olive on the khaki, and then sponged everything with brown.

The funny part is, I planned on using black (Krylon offers the Ultra Flat in 4 colors total) but I accidentally grabbed 2 cans of brown by mistake and wasn’t going to drive all the way back to town to get it. I guess I just got lucky because I like the way it turned out.

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joboo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great. Nice work man. I really need to take the plunge and put some color on my plain black rifle... To verify that I understand the process correctly, is that two or three cans of beer for each can of paint?
smile.gif
</div></div>

LOL, Yes you are right on the money. It took about 3.7 beers per can of paint to accomplish this task.
smile.gif

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QAMR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the scope a 44mm or 50mm objective? </div></div>

QAMR it's a 50 or a 56mm, I just can't remember???
smile.gif

Had to edit cause I'm a crack-head. I was thinking of a different scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ffl medic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very impressive! What type of paint did you use? </div></div>

ffl and scimitar,

It's Krylon Ultra Flat. Make sure you use the "ultra-flat" The other flat paints out there still have a little shine to them. The paint comes in little cammo cans, can't miss it.

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fantastic job. I would copyright that Name as well very quickly, since it is quite catchy and someone here might already be filing a patent claim on it. </div></div>

LOL,

I'm glad you caught this thread 41. I had you in mind and was cracking-up when I came-up with it.

CW....you bastige....hahahaha!

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He_Shoot_Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL I'll paint your gun if you make me a Ghillie
laugh.gif
</div></div>

would have been a deal, but you gave away your technique
grin.gif
</div></div>

Damn....stupid fingers!
smile.gif

-Pat

Good job with the sponge!!...Love that name!

Gives some good depth.

Here's one I posted awhile back using the sponge technique....
RiceGator.jpg

That looks trick, I bet it would blend in really well with the rocks and trees in my area.

-Pat

Great job! Ironically I just bought some sponge and paint to work on my AR-50. Tomorrow is my day off so I will give it a try and see how it goes.

Dang that looks great. The pic where you have the rifle on a tree limb - it just kinda disappears. Nice work.

KLR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang that looks great. The pic where you have the rifle on a tree limb - it just kinda disappears. Nice work.

KLR </div></div>

The funny part about that pic is I had to take a second pic (The one you see) with the flash turned on, just so you could see the rifle a little better. Still can't believe how good it blends in with everything.
smile.gif

-Pat

Been lurking for a long while and decided to join. Little job I did on my work rifle awhile back. Since taking the pics I went back and q-tipped the areas that the sponge couldn't reach (under objective lens, stock/barrel junction, etc.) Rem 700P TWS

spongerifle2.jpg

spongerifle1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WTNsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been lurking for a long while and decided to join. Little job I did on my work rifle awhile back. Since taking the pics I went back and q-tipped the areas that the sponge couldn't reach (under objective lens, stock/barrel junction, etc.) Rem 700P TWS

spongerifle2.jpg

spongerifle1.jpg
</div></div>

I don't get it, why'd you post pics of a bunch of dead looking trees and leaves?
laugh.gif

Base coat of Fusion Khaki, artist's sponged with Mud Brown, OD and Flat Black. Looks great in a wooded environment but looks kind of funny laid across the hood of a Crown Vic!

sweet it looks a ton simpler than multicaming

I've always liked the sponged patterns best. Great job. He_Shoot_Me, I've been thinking about getting the B&C A-5 like that, what's your rifle weigh as pictured? How's the stock working out for you? I'm looking to use one on an SPS varmint for mostly prone varmint hunting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARCOREY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've always liked the sponged patterns best. Great job. He_Shoot_Me, I've been thinking about getting the B&C A-5 like that, what's your rifle weigh as pictured? How's the stock working out for you? I'm looking to use one on an SPS varmint for mostly prone varmint hunting. </div></div>

ARC,

I really like the B&C A-5, but it is HEAVY! I'm not sure what it weighs, but if you don't have to carry it too far to where you're shooting you will be fine. If there's a bit of a hike involved I would strongly recommend a backpack like one of the Eberlestock models (Gunslinger, Phantom, or Operator) to carry it in. SPS Varmint+B&C A-5= One heavy-assed gun
smile.gif

The gun in that pic is an SPS Varmint and it just dropped right in. I did get loose with the dremel a little bit to give the bolt handle a little more clearance, but it was minor work.

-Pat

After all the comments about the stock being heavy, I may have to go with the A2 and put a Karsten on it if I need more cheek weld. I usually walk mine a few miles when I'm out varminting. It looks like the A5 is about 2 pounds more. Mine is already a pig, and I haven't even gotten my NF scope or rings for it yet which will add more weight too. Thanks for the info and again nice paint job.

thats awesome man. simple, but great looking. and im all about beer and shooting, gonna have to give that painting/drinking thing a try.