• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anti gun blitz on Facebook

russ10x

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2011
Connecticut
I use Facebook to keep in touch with many friends. Many of you may not have a use for it, and that is great. There is a lot of pro gun pages on FB, and I was able to get in touch with distibuters and manufactuers for parts, ammo, etc.
It was noted today that due to pressure from Mayors against Guns and other anti-gun groups, Facebook will be "cracking down" on gun pages that "sell"guns, or promote guns on FB. That being said, I sent a email to FB telling them that if that is the case, I will no longer have need of their site. I don't know if it just coinsidence, but AmericanSnipers.org, and NRA were not on FB today at all, which is unusual, as they always post something. I am waiting one week. If I do not see a change, I am leaving FB, and encourage all pro-gun rights members of this site to pass on the information, then do the same.
Thank you
Russ Chapman

I'm stayin', too much fun posting intelligent replies
to the comments made by bleeding-heart liberals,
who believe legislation will solve all problems
and the police are going to be there to protect them.

What's the average 911 response time now? 11 minutes?

Last edited:
Their new policy (which one can read on Facebook's own page, or any number of media sites) really doesn't change a thing.

Basically it is "Don't do illegal stuff on Facebook, even if it is legal but might look illegal."

I'm stayin', too much fun posting intelligent replies
to the comments made by bleeding-heart liberals,
who believe legislation will solve all problems
and the police are going to be there to protect them.

What's the average 911 response time now? 11 minutes?

It depends on the city,,,,I am a paid Battalion Chief, and I am proud of the response times. Virtually all of the folks on the "Blue" side are against our govenor and his gun laws...(Connecticut), so we have great workiing relationships with them. We are an extremely busy city emergency wise, and we are proud that we will get to you inside of 4 minutes...

I'm a Facebook user. Why wouldn't we want any business to promote responsible and legal firearms ownership and legitimate sales?
Facebook has made a statement that they want people to follow the laws of the US and not promote illegal activity.

RJ

I have never understood why people do things they know are illegal on the wide open internet. Before someone hollers like a wild Banshee, Federal firearms law states very clearly that if you sell more than 10 guns a year for a profit you are required to have a FFL. I see people on lots of sites I fequent selling firearms all the time. What are you gonna do if the Man knocks on your door and asks about all the firearms you have been selling on the web and its all in "black and white"? I have never used Facebook and have no plan to ever start.

luckily, i have no friends in reality, so have no need for virtual ones on FB.

from what i see on the news and such i can give a flying F is someone is walking their dog, what they're having for dinner, what they just bought at the store, or the size of their turd afterwards.

on the flip side, i've seen / heard of great things accomplished through FB, from charities to finding missing folks, etc. just in the last week my neighbor had passed suddenly at 45 (leaving 3 young kids behind), and the wife (a Facebooker) had shown me a collection had been taken to help with the costs of burial and such. within hours, close to 10,000 was raised to help out.

so like most things, used in moderation i guess it's a great way of communication, and a quick way of doing so. but i also do believe that too many folks put way too much emphasis on the virtual world rather than the real world.

supposedly Albert Einstein said, "I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." from what i see happening in the regular media and in person, apparently this is the case. (oddly as i type on the internet and not BSing in person, i guess i'm an idiot too).

granted the first amendment is a wonderful thing, and anti firearm folks have that right too. but when the word infringes on any of the other ones, well that should be stricken too. fair is fair if pro firearm talk is banned or cracked down on, then so should anti firearm talk. in fairness too i've also seen and heard alot of pro firearms folks that do the same - forcing their beliefs to the extreme on folks without consideration to the other party.

i just seen this morning there was another mall shooting - i believe there is no "gun problem", (or an "obesity problem", or an "alcohol problem", or a "drug problem") - it's a people problem....

....for everyone's sake, folks have got to unplug at some point and have a face to face conversation with someone before the act of doing so becomes a novel practice. it's hard (for me at least) to determine the integrity, intentions, and validity of another's words or character while being proclaimed from behind the keyboard.

to me using such media as a platform to determine policies or a change in culture for either anti or pro anything is just silly, until everyone gets over the "them vs. us" mentality, i can't see civilization progress as a whole, but only regressing.

perhaps i'm just too human that way.