lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
Guys

You all need to tread lightly and remember, this is being watched.

Nothing you say on here is between us, and as I have stated many times before, if the question comes down to you or me, it's you.

Threats to politicians, you will be removed

Threats to anyone, especially being on a gun site, you will be removed

I understand you think you can say anything you want, but please have some common courtesy

Please don't make this the Fake News site with a bunch of Q, Conspiracy theory shit, (Bigfoot, Aliens, all good)

Tensions are high, and comments are starting to get out of hand.

cherokeefan03

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Apr 18, 2017
It's always best to remember that nothing you post on the internet is really private, and everything can be easily traced back to you by almost anyone. Additionally, despite needing a membership, remember this is a public form that is indexed and cached by every major search engine, forever.
If you have to think about whether your remarks can interpreted as threatening, etc like lowlight said, probably best to think a bit and rephrase it or keep to some form of the golden rule like you were actually speaking in person.

Reactions: wh20crazy

lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
Sniper's Hide Forum Rules, we consider this the first warning and enforcement may come with no second warning.

1. Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. The diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice.

Inappropriate content will be removed without notice. Do not post any messages that are sexually-orientated, racist, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Please use good judgment when choosing usernames, avatars, or images to post, and do not attempt to bypass the word filter. It is there for a reason.

Hate Speech, against another, is not tolerated, that means, any inappropriate threats against one's religion, sex, race, or political affiliations will be grounds for removal. If we find both parties are at fault due to trolling or baiting, both members will be removed.

2. Do not post off-topic. Please keep your comments consistent with the subject and purpose of the conversation thread. Deliberate disruption -- such as consistent off-topic commentary -- will not be tolerated.

3. Register using only one username, and do not "flood" the board with posts that are off-topic. Creating multiple user accounts or flooding the board will be considered a denial-of-service attack on the forums and will result in your being banned.

4. Do not post the same topic in more than one forum. Pick the most relevant forum for your post. If you are unsure, put it in the Bear Pit, say you were not sure where it belonged, and someone will move it to the proper forum for you.

5. Do not Attack Companies, members who chase down and attack any representative from any company shall be banned. Companies that come on Sniper’s Hide interact with its members provide a critical service. If you cannot interact properly we suggest you don’t interact at all. This is key to helping the members get support.

6. Political discussion is limited to the BEAR PIT, the same with any discussion on religion and religious matters. We are a very divisive political climate so be aware of your words. They can and will be used against you, and the shooting community as a whole.

Religious Posts of any kind are also frowned on. This site is not for the discussion of one's faith as we feel that is a private matter best left off the forum. Attacking a member due to their political, religiously, or sexual orientation will be grounds for removal without a warning.

Use Common Sense when talking politics and religion and keep them only in the BEAR PIT. Please see Rule #1

7. No all-caps array (FOR EXAMPLE, LIKE THIS) please. It is extremely hard to read. Posts submitted in all-caps will be deleted automatically.

8. No posting of links advertising off-site sales of any kind without express permission from the board or one of its moderators. No advertising any off-site website that competes with Sniper’s Hide.

9. No Commercial postings by any business without first subscribing to the site's rules regarding Commercial Sales. Any business found violating this will be removed along with any and all posts. Contact Lowlight to get a sponsored membership.

10. Signature Images will be no larger than 468x60 in size. Please be sure when using avatars and signature images to remember others on this board are watching. Distasteful images may be removed.

Enforcement of the Rules may happen without warning. If your post is edited, deleted or modified by a Moderator you may inquire to the admin if the reason is not completely clear. Do this by Private Messaging "Lowlight". If you see a post that is in violation of any of these rules please use the "notify" link at the bottom of the post to alert the moderators.

P-Squared

Humble Servant ******
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2012
Rules of Life:

1) Never do anything to your body that is going to look stupid at 70
2) Never put anything in writing you wouldn't want presented in court, and
3) Never do anything you would be embarrassed explaining in the emergency room

These seem to have worked pretty well for me so far and I'm getting closer to that magic 70 every day.

Ravenworks

Semper-Fi "80-84"
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2019
North Coast
Guys

Nothing you say on here is between us, and as I have stated many times before, if the question comes down to you or me, it's you.

I understand you think you can say anything you want, but please have some common courtesy

Please don't make this the Fake News site with a bunch of Q, Conspiracy theory shit, (Bigfoot, Aliens, all good)

Ummm, I have said that a few times in the last few weeks.
It's easy for people to feel at home when among like minded people.
Human beings don't scour the internet looking for stuff, their bots do that.

alpine44

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 23, 2010
North Carolina
Guys

Absolutely agree with the "No threats" rules.

Is there any way we can channel the understandable irritation about gun-grabbers into positive and civil, but effective action?

I asked you a while ago about your take on a new sub-forum covering 2A activism. You replied that you wanted to keep politics out of this site.

Since then, the Left has taken off their gloves and under these new circumstances, I would like to raise a couple of questions:

- How many gear-related threads will support this site when the objects of affection are banned and public discussion about these items would be self-incriminating?

- How many courses and instruction will you be able to conduct when public ranges and training for 'violent activities' are outlawed?

- Wouldn't it be about time that we stop fondling our toys, cut the tall tales about them, and get as active for our rights as Bloomberg's demanding moms who have twenty two (22) events scheduled just for today?

Last edited:

lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com

Is there any way we can channel the understandable irritation about gun-grabbers into positive and civil, but effective action?

I asked you a while ago about your take on a forum covering 2A activism. You replied that you wanted to keep politics out of this site.

Since then, the Left has taken off their gloves and under these new circumstances, I would like to raise a couple of questions:

- How many gear-related threads will support this site when the objects of affection are banned and public discussion about these items would be self-incriminating?

- How many courses and instruction will you be able to conduct when public ranges and training for 'violent activities' are outlawed?

- Wouldn't it be about time that we stop fondling our toys, cut the tall tales about them, and get as active for our right as Bloomberg's demanding moms who have twenty two (22) events scheduled just for today?

IF you are gonna get combative with me, you can leave

I am trying to help and being a complete asshole on the internet is not really doing anything but making everyone look bad, or exactly like they say we look

I understand the Anti's are united against us, but you can be smarter and not raise red flags by being all bluster on the internet

I do my part in a series of way, including giving PRO GUN People a Platform, I am asking you to respect that and be respectful of all sides when using MY PLATFORM

Seriously if you are gonna start acting all combative with me, I am busting out the Glove on YOU FUCKS and then I am gonna revert the site to a NO POLITICS AND NO RELIGION LIKE IT USED TO BE

Some of you assholes would cut off your own nose to spite your face

deersniper

Notorious
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2007
Northeast
Just remember if they ask me for your IP Address, I am giving it to them wrapped in a bow, with a smiley face on it.

This is all public so don't be that guy, a little common sense goes a long way.
Do they have to get a warrant first ?

I don’t know how you manage all this stuff. From online training to the for sale section to the podcasts to the in person training. Now the gun banner stuff and the reactions to it.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country

lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
Nope

They used to ask for IP Addresses all the time for PX issues

When the wars were in full swing, guys would try to sell military stuff they stole, they would come on all the time to scour the PX for illegal stuff, you guys don't get it. The .Gov types are all over here.

You have no clue, you are low hanging fruit they can sit at their desk, read the Hide and make a case

They can get one if I demand it, but nope, I cooperate and hand it over willingly

There are been several cases that had links to here

MadDuner

Rankless Infidel
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2019
Nope

When the wars were in full swing, guys would try to sell military stuff they stole, they would come on all the time to scour the PX for illegal stuff, you guys don't get it. The .Gov types are all over here.

You have no clue, you are low hanging fruit they can sit at their desk, read the Hide and make a case

They can get one if I demand it, but nope, I cooperate and hand it over willingly

Thank you for the site and latitude you’ve allowed up to this point.

We do get spun up.
And you reminding us to watch our language is actually helpful.
We are a passionate bunch, and emotions are running high.
We appreciate having a place to vent.

Reactions: Fishfullthinking

alpine44

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 23, 2010
North Carolina
Thank you for the site and latitude you’ve allowed up to this point.

We do get spun up.
And you reminding us to watch our language is actually helpful.
We are a passionate bunch, and emotions are running high.
We appreciate having a place to vent.
+1

I was going to say something similar, like: Thanks for saving us from ourselves.

Reactions: RMB

Vodoun daVinci

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2017
Guys, just cease and desist with the Boogaloo type stuff and stop threatening. posturing, chest pounding, and acting like it's time to hurt someone. All of this is public, you are not immune, you cannot threaten bodily harm with impunity. Just chill like HMFIC says. We can all stay in touch and in tune but shut the fuck up with the threats.

There is no call for that and it's unseemly and destructive of our unity to Keep and Bear at this time...."They" want to paint US as crazies with guns and some of US are being exactly that. Stop that shit please.

VooDoo

Vamike9

Patriot
Belligerents
Feb 17, 2017
Virginia
www.youtube.com
IF you are gonna get combative with me, you can leave

I am trying to help and being a complete asshole on the internet is not really doing anything but making everyone look bad, or exactly like they say we look

I understand the Anti's are united against us, but you can be smarter and not raise red flags by being all bluster on the internet

I do my part in a series of way, including giving PRO GUN People a Platform, I am asking you to respect that and be respectful of all sides when using MY PLATFORM

Seriously if you are gonna start acting all combative with me, I am busting out the Glove on YOU FUCKS and then I am gonna revert the site to a NO POLITICS AND NO RELIGION LIKE IT USED TO BE

Some of you assholes would cut off your own nose to spite your face
I appreciate the platform that you have given all of us Lowlight.

I always abide by the rule, never post anything that you can not defend.

It is a shame that a few bad apples can ruin a thread that has potential to help our 2nd Amendment cause.

I do appreciate the fact that you allow us to warn others of bad legislation.

Tensions are very high in my home state, and can speak for myself and many others in that we don't want this to get out of hand.

little_scrapper

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 31, 2019
don't be that guy,
He is dead serious too. Little over a week ago I read a thread where a stalker sounding dood was telling tales of wanting to help out "a friend" by trying to illicit advice, FROM YOU ALL, on how to ILLEGALLY break into someones phone/cloud service. Sounded like BS stalker shizz 2 me so I made the mistake of trolling said individual with a colorfully described scenario of why that is ALWAYS a bad idea. To illegally break into someones private cloud server that is.

I was summarily banned for a week. Even though I did not swear, insult or otherwise disparrage anyone. I simply offered my advice. The advice was free BTW. During the ensuing week my email was innundated with updates of "YOU ARE A CUNT" and such posts that I fully intended to report once my ban was lifted.

However, now that said ban is lifted I see no trace of said thread or disparraging remarks. Therefore, I gave advice, and was subsequently subject to personal attacks in my PERSONAL email acct.

What is my remedy here? "grow some skin" comes to mind. Where was that advice when I advised NOT to illegally break into a grown mans private cloud?

My ban message simply said "dont be that guy." ?

Last edited:

alpine44

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 23, 2010
North Carolina
Some of us thought you were about to bury yourself alive, to prove how well you use a shovel.
Don't need no stinkin' shovel, I have a Unimog with backhoe if there is some need for digging.

If you read my posts in the VA threads, you will see that I suggested to precede the list of VA senators with a strong call for non-violence (as it was done).

Remember, you and I got in a tiff over shooting a potential intruder through the closed front door, which I called the wrong move for legal and tactical reasons.

When I shared my concern in another thread that the increasingly volatile cultural conflict in our country over individual rights vs the power of the collective may not be resolvable without bloodshed, that does not mean I am looking forward to this or want to instigate it. Similarly, if I yell at someone "Drop the effing XYZ or I shoot" that does not mean I am looking forward to shooting someone. It means the exact opposite.

My moral line is where the legal line is drawn in most jurisdictions: Lethal force only in the face of an acute and otherwise unavoidable threat of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent. (The reference "to the innocent" means that I cannot instigate the confrontation.)

This is not being a 'nice guy'. It is the 100% selfish intent to not bring darkness into my soul over some petty bullshit. I was bullied in school during the same time I was building guns in my dad's garage. It never occurred to me, not for one second, to shoot the bully or anyone else. Hunted may doves and rabbits though. Ironically, I almost killed the bully with a soccer ball pump when I was a little quicker than him one day. Did not go apeshit on him, just one well-timed whack. That and another fist fight taught me that is not just my trigger finger that I have to keep in check. Frank added the keyboard to that list.

There is an animal in all of us and you can only keep it in the cage when you acknowledge its existence. I think that some of the emotional anti-gunner's accusations regarding our behavior are rooted in an unresolved awareness of their own violent tendencies. Instead of taking responsibility and resolving the self-image conflict, they project. Barry Lopez has an excellent paragraph in his book "Arctic Dreams" where he concludes that adulthood means coming to terms with the horror in the world, part of which is residing inside yourself.

Sorry for the ramblings. I left them here in the hope that they may add some meat to the bare bone rule of "no threats of violence" for someone.

As far as the HMFIC is concerned, my goal was not to get combative. I asked three questions. He voiced his opinion on these issues and added some angles I was not aware of. Beyond that, it is his place - his rules. That's it.

Last edited:

seansmd

In a minute man
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2018
San Jose, CA
Nope

They don't NEED to read the hide, machine learning and massive compute farms do this with algorithms to highlight potential threats. They get leads and look into it form there, at that point its already bad.

Reactions: Tazman

little_scrapper

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 31, 2019
So if I type BOMB, Jihad, torture or any other phrase like wikileaks to Edward Snowden; the powers that be will monitor my comm??

PHHT. Too late. I work for def contractor. My comm is under scrutiny 24/7/365. FACT!

LOL

Reactions: seansmd

little_scrapper

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 31, 2019
Trust me the powers that be know a patriot from an azzhat needing attention. I doubt Frank has ANYTING to worry about. Also, I am house trained so i wont sh|t on his carpet. I know when to go outside.

Maggot

Kill a Commie for Mommy
Belligerents
Jul 27, 2007
Guys

Thank you. I get so sick of the jackasses on here who spout violence and racial garbage. Violence may happen, it does all the time, but I for one dont welcome it. Fuck Boogaloo and anyone who endorses it.

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
Here's the thing.
I've lived in Virginia all of my life, so I think I have some grounds to speak.
If you are going to lobby day on Monday (I'm not going) you need to keep in mind that there are going to be phones and cameras watching everything you do and everything you say.

There are also going to be antagonists there, trying to goad you into doing something to make supporters of the Second Amendment look bad for those phones and cameras. They'll have their tricks, like frozen solid Starbucks cups to hurl into crowds. They'll want to get in your face and provoke you. Be the kid in the MAGA hat, and just stand there and smile. Make them look like the unhinged, not yourself.
Hell, look at how they portrayed that kid, and he handled himself perfectly.

You can bet your ass that the governor and his accomplices are licking their chops over this, hoping that someone puts on a shitshow like Charlottesville, so they can point right at it and say, "There they are. There are the lunatics who want "assault weapons"."

If you are Nazi, Neo-Nazi, or any other form of shitbag asshole lowlife, stay the fuck away from my state and this rally. You are not welcomed here during normal times, and we do not want you here "fighting for us".

You see, we're not Antifa.
We're not BLM.
We are armed and dangerous in the eyes of many, and I promise you the media and the politicians will not give us the free passes they give those assholes.

As to Frank's comments about eyes watching you. Yeah, I approve a LOT of members that work .gov.
I'm sure some are just guys on the job with the typical shooting interests, but there's no way to tell what their reasons for signing up are, and some may be here to see if they can get someone to do something stupid.

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford
People need to be smart about who they side with. If pro-gun people are seen as aligning themselves with the people who really just want a "Boogaloo " because they cant except the way America has changed since the 16th Amendment then we lose. The reality in Virginia last year for example was just as unpalatable to them as if these regulations are passed. They just want to instigate something, and make people their useful idiots.

Reactions: Graywolf.260

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Belligerents
Minuteman
Here's the thing.
If you are going to lobby day on Monday (I'm not going) you need to keep in mind that there are going to be phones and cameras watching everything you do and everything you say.

There are also going to be antagonists there, trying to goad you into doing something to make supporters of the Second Amendment look bad for those phones and cameras. They'll have their tricks, like frozen solid Starbucks cups to hurl into crowds. They'll want to get in your face and provoke you. Be the kid in the MAGA hat, and just stand there and smile. Make them look like the unhinged, not yourself.

You can bet your ass that the governor and his accomplices are licking their chops over this, hoping that someone puts on a shitshow like Charlottesville, so they can point right at it and say, "There they are. There are the lunatics who want "assault weapons"."

If you are Nazi, Neo-Nazi, or any other form of shitbag asshole lowlife, stay the fuck away from my state and this rally. You are not welcomed here during normal times, and we do not want you here "fighting for us".

We're not BLM.
We are armed and dangerous in the eyes of many, and I promise you the media and the politicians will not give us the free passes they give those assholes.

As to Frank's comments about eyes watching you. Yeah, I approve a LOT of members that work .gov.
I'm sure some are just guys on the job with the typical shooting interests, but there's no way to tell what their reasons for signing up are, and some may be here to see if they can get someone to do something stupid.

Amen, buddy. And God be with us. However, He only helps those who help themselves, so we must keep that in mind at all times. The results of this critical day may very well be the one that PREVENTS this country from falling into truly bad times, so we must take full advantage of it and make it work for us.

FS1

Unbalanced
Belligerents
Mar 24, 2014
Earth
It's hard for a bunch of angry people with guns, not to look like a bunch of angry people with guns. Frankly, I am surprised they would even need to ask Frank for an ip.

Tensions are high no doubt. But those tensions were a result of Govt. overreach. Every person has their own red line. It seems like guns is the red line for many. It' is mine and I don't care if they know that. We empower them, not visa versa. Just don't be stupid and we win.

deersniper

Notorious
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2007
Northeast
People need to be smart about who they side with. If pro-gun people are seen as aligning themselves with the people who really just want a "Boogaloo " because they cant except the way America has changed since the 16th Amendment then we lose. The reality in Virginia last year for example was just as unpalatable to them as if these regulations are passed. They just want to instigate something, and make people their useful idiots.
Do you support the 16th?

The 19th is what really put us on the fast track go bad times

Edit. The 19th didn’t help but Andrew Jackson is the one who screwed us all by letting drifters with no skin in the game vote.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA

I asked you a while ago about your take on a new sub-forum covering 2A activism. You replied that you wanted to keep politics out of this site.

- Wouldn't it be about time that we stop fondling our toys, cut the tall tales about them, and get as active for our rights as Bloomberg's demanding moms who have twenty two (22) events scheduled just for today?

A specific forum for 2A activism will become an echo chamber of hate.

Everyone owning a gun is a 2A activist and presenting ourselves as sane, reasoned, people is the best offense.

If you want to be more proactive volunteer locally, bring an anti to your local range, contribute with @Tucker301 to "Good Guys with Guns" so some third grade teacher is wowed by our charity.

Maggot

Kill a Commie for Mommy
Belligerents
Jul 27, 2007
Here's the thing.

We're not BLM.

Thank you for agreeing with and expanding on my position.

Gunfighter14e2

Rusty Nail
Banned !
Belligerents
Jul 9, 2002
Alabama
eHam.net
Do you support the 16th?

The 19th is what really put us on the fast track go bad times

Edit. The 19th didn’t help but Andrew Jackson is the one who screwed us all by letting drifters with no skin in the game vote.
Yep the 19th was the start of the FSA, an their ideals. When you allow or pay people to be sorry they will never disappoint you one bit. Most of the US has never had to be more than a one trick pony to eat, an that chain is getting stretched tighter an tighter every day. Should one link go tits up, the bulk of the one trick'ers will be gone in less than 1-2 months.

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Banned !
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
Ok, ok, I have to laugh a little bit over some of this.
We are talking about the same alphabet G-men that had talks with the Sarniev brothers, the Florida highschool kid, the FL gay night club shooter, the San Bernardino couple that didn't like Christmas parties, the Army major in Texas and several other people that went postal? Those guys are looking here for the next Dylan Roof?
I bet that they are more interested in what we have just seen from the HMFIC. They are looking to see if he steps in to cut ties with anyone that might be over the top in the rhetoric. There's still those deep state POS's that would love to string up someone like him for allowing it to go on. Conspiracy charges along with aiding and abetting would make great headlines.
As for getting your IP. We have all seen the headlines where they have charged someone for aiding ISIS or some other group. When you read into it you will see that FBI usually started an online relationship with the now felon. Did they entrap or just push the right buttons to get the person to act upon their rants? Who knows. But it makes great headlines.
Headlines we don't want to see Frank's name in.

MTN

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Out Fish'n
For the rowdy.

Payment processors are withholding services for other websites who' s content doesn't follow their standard.

Their standard is an ever shrinking target.

Think about it.

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Belligerents
Aug 10, 2001
Arizona, good place for me...
I suggest that engaging the Governor and his minions in any way, shape, or manner is akin to giving him/them respect they did not earn.

They are biased buffoons bent on moving the goal posts clear off the playing field. They will end up tripping on their own egos, and they need no help from us in order to accomplish such dubious goals.

As I suggested earlier, going anywhere near their "Kill Zone" only constitutes playing by their rules. Only a fool would willingly expose oneself to malice, hatred, and manipulation.

Take charge of the only thing you can take charge of in this clusterf*ck, yourselves.

Demonstrate that in a game where wisdom counts, Northam et al are playing with the low cards. Self control is the true currency providing traction here, and even showing one's face serves zero purpose. Nobody's listening who will even lift a finger on your behalf. Everybody';s listening who will spin, degrade, and otherwise enlist your participation into the distortion that will convey none of your message, and all of theirs.

Stay home. What if they threw a party and nobody came. Be that nobody.

There are buses rented, there are reservations made? Honestly, it's only money, and nothing good can come to fruition without some sort of sacrifice. I say consider the price cheap compared to the disaster that can occur when you willingly play directly into their hands.

Don't be their pawns.

Or maybe you were planning to be something else? Not happening, it's not on the table.

The Jews walked willingly into the gas chambers, because they believed the lies about them being showers; and heck, that was tempting at the time.

Don't be anyone's pawns.

Greg

Last edited:

alpine44

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 23, 2010
North Carolina
A specific forum for 2A activism will become an echo chamber of hate.

Everyone owning a gun is a 2A activist and presenting ourselves as sane, reasoned, people is the best offense.

If you want to be more proactive volunteer locally, bring an anti to your local range, contribute with @Tucker301 to "Good Guys with Guns" so some third grade teacher is wowed by our charity.
The 2A sub-forum is a dead horse because Frank said so and he has the right to say so.

There is no need to add justification, especially if that justification is invalid, IMO. You will never get rid of haters by de-platforming them. The Left has been doing this for a while and do you see any decrease of hate anywhere? Heavy-handed censorship like you see in our universities has increased racial tensions orders of magnitude more than any group of rednecks openly using the N word in every other sentence.

The statements above have nothing to do with Frank's decision. He is a warfighter, not driven by dreams of a world powered by unicorn farts. He made a business decision that I respect and hope will work out for all of us.

I agree with your suggestions of projecting a positive gun-owner image. Honey is always better than vinegar, pulling people always better than pushing them.

However, I cannot convince myself that we are able to maintain our personal and collective freedoms just by handing out flowers. Let me start with my personal life/liberty/pursuit of happiness. I am 6'6", athletic, with a straight, purposeful posture. Not exactly looking like easy prey to most low-lifes. Yet, about one or two times a year some punks obviously try to get an angle on me. How do I react? Pretend that I am not aware of it? Hope for it to be a false alarm? Appeal to their decency? Hide? Run? Blow the rape whistle?

How about sending additional, stronger messages of "Don't tread on me" after the first one was obviously ignored. There are a lot of options and I do not want to start a dumpster fire discussion over details. One very effective move in my experience is to make it clear with gaze and movements that you are aware of the actor(s), of what's going on, and in progress of seeking tactical advantage. And a good way to determine whether someone purposely heading toward you is harmless/clueless or malicious is to tell them (politely) to "hold it there". If they proceed another step, follow up with a loudly barked "STOP right there". After that, the fight is on.

So far, the first steps of conveying with resolve that I refuse to become a victim have stopped all potential intrusions into my personal space. I hone my handgun skills regularly in simulated scenarios to have more time for stopping someone's bad ideas before bullets need to fly. By becoming more effective in the last resort, I can afford to be a little more gracious early on. But I still HAVE to convey clearly that the planned BS needs to stop.

I guess you have realized that the last three paragraphs are a specific, personal example of the dilemma we face as gun owners collectively. If we fail to clearly convey that this disarmament BS needs to stop -understandable to the most delusional SJW- then we will be left with only very undesirable options in the not so distant future. I rather take the risk that early, stern warnings may be deemed offensive by some snowflakes than be left with having to melt down their entire winter wonderland in order to save my liberty/life. Happiness would be a distant memory at that point.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
I found out at my last physical Im 5'7" not the 6'0" I say when asked.

PREA should be a way of life for me except Im on the outside.

I come here for escape and post my range sessions like a giddy school girl. I love shooting even though I suck.

I also spend a lot of time in the pit.

Its like preaching to the choir in there. Maybe @Maggot will occasionaly be a contrarian but otherwise the circle is in synchronized stroke mode.

What would be better is if we do like they do - I see it happen here monthly - join an anti gun site announce "Here I am a pro 2A guy, lets have a discussion".

I imagine you would last as long on their platform as the antis last here.

Often the antis bring the cat on themselves with their cat nip coats but I advocate for their staying if they are willing to converse using facts rather than emotions.

If the discussion of 2A is conducted purely on fact and the historical record the antis lose everytime.

MtnCreek

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 6, 2012
I think I recall a 2A section back when I joined. I think I remember why it was shut down.

BLKWLFK9

Just F'n Send It..
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
I'm only 3 hours from Richmond. Me and a buddy were 100% going on Monday but in light of multiple reports of things that have high probability of happening, I'm not subjecting myself to being painted something I'm not or being involved with something I did not sign up for. I'm not playing on their turf when they are stacking the deck against me. That's not a smart fight. The fringe idiots will have all the media attention and I do not prescribe to their ideology in the least. The day to actually fight will come, and for that, I am ready to lend a hand. Monday isnt that time. I wish the rally was held somewhere different and more friendly to the cause. Mark my words. Crisis actors are being deployed and there will be a false flag event. How do you think the level headed patriots are going to be painted afterwards?