• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anvil 30 Apex Conversion or Platform Adapter, TVC 33 Tripod

RRW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2013
Alberta.,Canada
I currently have the TVC 33 Tripod. For those with more experience, any difference in stability going the Apex conversion route vs the Series 3 Platform adapter with the Anvil 30. The Apex conversion costs a bit more and folds up smaller but more concerned if there is any difference stability, Rifle being used is an AI AX 308. Any input is appreciated.

I converted my TVC 33 with the kit and have not noticed any difference in stability. I am using a foundation stocked Impact at 18.8 lbs with optics if that helps.

I think this is simple math, wider Apex wider footprint more stable at the Apex...

I went with the platform adapter, no regrets

If your only going fun shooting and comp you’ll be fine with the apex and the adapter.
Which one is more stable

1304FCAB-EEFF-4AE7-9482-23ACD0BDD2D8.png
4783FD3B-19F3-4AE8-954F-D8DEF224D768.png

We haven’t seen stability while shooting or spotting decrease, and I haven’t had any end users give me any different results. But if we are talking straight numbers, the versa apex is wider making the footprint wider. So if your talking about high wind stability unsupported the versa would be the winner.

Only difference will be the width when collapsed. The Apex will be easier to pack and carry.