• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Anvil-30/Pig0311 Tripod

PBWalsh

Preston Walsh Fitness
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Central AL
Hi,

Last Monday I was able to shoot and spot a bit thanks to @blbennett1288 off an Anvil-30 ball head.

Was immediately sold on its superiority to my homemade Hog saddle and of course, now need one myself.

I have a Pig 0311 tripod. I emailed RRS as to what I’d need to attach an Anvil-30 to my tripod. They quickly wrote back saying it would directly mount to the tripod’s attachment screw. Can anyone confirm this? Seems too easy.

Also, are there any Hide vendors that stock Anvil-30s? PM me if you need to get rid of yours personally.

Anyways, anyone have this head/tripod combo?

Thanks,
PB Walsh

Reactions: blbennett1288
Yes. I have a full blown RRS tripod with anvil 30 and a slik tripod with the anvil head. They are correct. The anvil head will mount straight to the tripod just like any other ballhead.

This is from my phone. If it looks weird I’ll repost from my laptop when I get some time.
256DECDF-20B1-49BE-9AFF-BD446C15C4CF.jpeg
6313AE1A-88E3-48E1-9555-2F1A03441500.jpeg
3DF4487D-6CCD-4176-B07C-820F25BDEBF1.jpeg

Yes. I have a full blown RRS tripod with anvil 30 and a slik tripod with the anvil head. They are correct. The anvil head will mount straight to the tripod just like any other ballhead.

Do.you have any issues with it loosening off on you when panning or shooting?

Do.you have any issues with it loosening off on you when panning or shooting?
Not the connection between the two. I used some blue locktite on the screw. I do have trouble keeping the center column tight so it doesn’t rotate but that has nothing to do with the anvil head of course.

Reactions: Northernjets
Not the connection between the two. I used some blue locktite on the screw. I do have trouble keeping the center column tight so it doesn’t rotate but that has nothing to do with the anvil head of course.

Do you use the screw or the knob (the thing just below the head) to tighten it down? If I used the screw all the way down, it will not move. The knob seems to be a panning feature, not a hard set tightness adjustment.

Do you use the screw or the knob (the thing just below the head) to tighten it down? If I used the screw all the way down, it will not move. The knob seems to be a panning feature, not a hard set tightness adjustment.
I’ve used both, but to be honest I primarily use that tripod for glassing now so it’s been a minute. I’ll try the screw again but I’m pretty sure I’ve tried that before.

Don’t know what to tell you then. I guess a call to Hog Saddle may help out, perhaps something is loose.

Fantastic. I put down my email to be notified when its back in stock at Mile High.
Fantastic. I put down my email to be notified when its back in stock at Mile High.

You might want to call them, When i was ordering my tripod from them they mentioned they would no longer be selling rrs after their current stock runs out.

Reactions: PBWalsh