• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision ANVIS 6/9 mounting solutions

christian77

Sergeant
Minuteman
While developed for aviators, ANVIS 9 (F4949) NODs are becoming more prevalent with ground forces...and with that being said, new innovative mounting ways had to come about since these were designed to be mounted on the aviators helmet visors and what not.

I chatted with Victor of TNVC via email and the phone regarding mounting options onto an Ops Core FAST helmet and the only viable solution we came up with was the Wilcox F5050 mount seen in the hyperlink here TNVC.

I had previously seen the ANVIS NODs mounted on "ground helmets" before, but wasn't sure of which interfaces were best since I had always used Norotos mounts and wasn't really familiar with the Wilcox mounts.

Never the less, I discovered Chris Adams, who happens to be a member here on the Hide and owns Adam's Industries
Here is where standard USGI square mount adaptors can be found Adam's Industries Catalog. The catalog is a little outdated, but they've recently printed a new one and it should be up soon I imagine...never the less most product is listed and so is their contact info so you can speak to Mr. Adams himself.
akhmiiachclearj.jpg

I also went ahead and purchased the Air Ground Warrior Battery Pack (Ruggedized), which enables usage of 3v batteries and/or AA batteries.
fgallery64.jpg

As you can see in the photo below, all of the mounting hardware brackets are standard square mounts, so they will mat up with any standard USGI mount, the Ops Core VAS & the Norotos Universal mount. Certainly a cheeper alternative to the Wilcox mount.
img6773.jpg

I haven't had an opportunity to tinker with these yet, but I picked up some Wilcox Amber Filter Covers from Victor and I'm really interested in trying them out. Seen here on AN/PVS15s.
amber_filter.jpg

They are suppose to eliminate a lot of the back-splash illumination that glows off your face...not to mention staring at everything GREEN over all these years just makes me insane...so I'm ready to try yellow/amber and see how long it takes for that to drive me up the wall. In any case, I look at it as added protection for the lenses.
45713674.png

Re: ANVIS 6/9 mounting solutions

HI doorkicker, Just for info (hot off the press), Wilcox does have a new ANVIS mount forthcoming that will work with the OPS Core Shroud systems. Clasky will be along when he gets a spare moment to talk about it. Like all other Wilcox kit, this one is superb. This was shown for the first time at the recent Ft. Benning conference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wilcox does have a new ANVIS mount forthcoming that will work with the OPS Core Shroud systems.</div></div> Looking forward to hearing about it...I am hoping it will be cheaper than their current F5050 mounting option.

You or Clasky shoot Dave Haul's Night Fighter class?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wilcox does have a new ANVIS mount forthcoming that will work with the OPS Core Shroud systems.</div></div> Looking forward to hearing about it...I am hoping it will be cheaper than their current F5050 mounting option.

You or Clasky shoot Dave Haul's Night Fighter class? </div></div>

I personally was to be at the class, but do to an injury,I had to cancel!
frown.gif
We did send some loaner NOD's and IR lasers along with some free swag though.
smile.gif