• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing any 1911 gurus?

Re: any 1911 gurus?

I assume you are talking about over travel of the trigger. If so, you can get an aftermarket trigger that has a set screw in it to adjust over travel. If your gun takes aftermarket 1911 parts.

I'm not to familiar with the Para's but that pistol is its own beast. It may look like a 1911 on the outside but the internals are completely different.

Being of a double action only design the reset is always going to be long. A smith familiar with the system may be able to shorten it a bit but its always going to be a long reset, its just the nature of the design.

If you are after the reset to be similar to a standard 1911 single action only designed pistol your out of luck.

I don't think it will be possible, but I may be wrong. The M&P uses a striker system which requires way less travel than cocking a hammer based system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jephs422</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a para dao that I really hope I can salvage.

Is there any way to shorten the reset on the trigger? I love the pistol, hate the trigger. If I can't the trigger fixed up, it's going bye bye. </div></div>

Call Cylinder & Slide

Good luck. I never knew why anyone would want a DAO 1911. A jam-o-matic with a shitty trigger. I'd sell it and put it towards a higher end 70 series.

Different strokes I guess. I was hoping to find a traditional feeling 1911, but with a more familiar trigger pull for me. This was the perfect blend. Plus, I've run thousands of rounds and only had one or two failures to fire because I let it get filthy.

Like I said, I love the gun, just hate the trigger ...